There are newer employer reviews for WellPoint

Good compensation but a roller coaster environment

I worked at WellPoint

Pros

Flexible working hours and flexible telecommuting options

Cons

constantly changing priorities; middle management input on strategy often minimized

Appreciate the power and influence of middle management

532 Other Employee Reviews for WellPoint (View Most Recent)

Horrible Place to work! constant Drama, Backstabbing, and Politics

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at WellPoint full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I am sorry but I cannot think of any Pros.

Cons

You will be micromanaged, raises and promotions are not based on your performance but on whom you are friends with. If you are a "favorite" you can get away with anything.
    This is a health insurance company, but with the insurance choices they give you for yourself, you will not be able to afford to use your insurance....

sending out surveys on if your managers are acting ethically makes absolutely no difference if you never act on the results

Bad Case of Mickey Mouse organization

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at WellPoint full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Mon-Fri, stable income, good money

Cons

That is so far the worst non organization I have ever worked for. Not only managers do not care about their employees but they also discriminate and mistreat people. All these people think that they can treat new comers like dirt. I have worked there for a few years and I have seen hundreds of people being hired and asked to leave due to lack of work. What work??? Not only current employees are being nasty to customers, inappropriate to each other but also they hire new people and fire them right after. I have seen cases of all kinds of discrimination. One thing I have never seen it is for a new person to work there more than 3 months. When being hired by wellPoint, please do yourself a favor and look for another job. They hire and get rid of people right after they don't need help. They won't even memorize your name because soon enough they will hire somebody else.

Hire professionals, train professionals, be professionals. You teach your managers to mistreat and discriminate. Because of rotten companies like yours customer service in our country is failing.

There are newer employer reviews for WellPoint