WellPoint

www.wellpoint.com
There are newer employer reviews for WellPoint

Just another giant, from an IT perspective

Current Employee - Technical Staff in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Technical Staff in Miami, FL

I have been working at WellPoint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The group I work with is experienced and professional, and we get along well. Current manager is probably the best I have ever worked under.

Benefits are about average, or possibly a little better than average, but the health insurance is more costly than one might expect, mostly because it is pretty comprehensive.

If you are flexible in your tech skills, it is possible to move around in the IT organization.

Cons

Like any large publicly traded company, your experience will depend entirely on the particular group you work in.

Overly-reliant on IBM for infrastructure. It's a mixed result, with some groups being good and professional, and others less than useful.

Stock market likes the new CEO, but a new CEO might feel a need to mark his territory some time in the next year or so.

Government changes in health insurance regulations make everyone in the company a little jumpy.

Remember that in the health insurance industry, your data is EVERYTHING.

576 Other Employee Reviews for WellPoint (View Most Recent)

Good company to work for..

I have been working at WellPoint full-time

Pros

I know it all depends on your team and immediate manager, I should say I enjoy working for my team in WellPoint. Pros include healthy work culture, work-life balance, flexibility and benefits.

Cons

None. I really can't think of any.

Dynamic Environment, good place to learn and grow.

I have been working at WellPoint full-time

Pros

Largest Health plan so there is so much to do and learn. I'll encourgae young people to choose this company if they would like to setup their career in high pace and rewarding company.

Cons

I found not many issues. However, bringing many department to work togather is a challenge here. In all it can be overcome if you have good people skills.

Keep doing the good work. Hire more new garduate to allow them to learn with Wellpoint experienced team.

There are newer employer reviews for WellPoint