WellPoint

www.wellpoint.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for WellPoint

It was an excellent experience in learning how the healthcare industry operate

Former Employee - Senior Coordinator in Plano, TX
Former Employee - Senior Coordinator in Plano, TX

I worked at WellPoint full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to understand the healthcare process

Cons

Not enough room for job growth

N/A

578 Other Employee Reviews for WellPoint (View Most Recent)

The first 2 years were promising and I looked forward to remaining at the company and climbing the career ladder.

Former Employee - Referral Specialist in Westchester, IL
    Former Employee - Referral Specialist in Westchester, IL

I worked at WellPoint full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best reason to work for this company is basically the benefits and the bonuses quarterly. There are stipulations now with the bonuses.

Cons

promotions are done on a "who you know basis". A lot of their promoting is done under the table (if they have a personal relationship with you or if your family member hired there is a nurse or doctor. They do not honor doctors statements if employee are returning back from being absent with one. You get reprimanded anyway. They have their picks and chooses on determining who gets temporary disability. I was denied temp disability after returning from a surgical procedure that involved the abdomen and pelvic area. My job description required I remain sitting for at least 6 hours. No one checked on my well being after being forced to come back to work (They told me I needed to return asap to keep my job). My doctor was against it but signed the paper work for return anyway. This company violates their values and morals on every level. They are only concerned with the productivity and not the employee.

Senior management needs to welcome diversity, stop racial profiling and adhere to being a company that supports workers with family matters. No one should be reprimanded when they are ill at work and have to be taken to the hospital by ambulance or if you are called to take your child to the emergency room. work-life balance with this company is a disappointment. This company needs to reintroduce the pension for its employees. I worked there five years and was never told there was no pension until contacting HR department (the department thought I was told this upon hiring) If I would have known there was no pension plan intact, I would have declined the position and worked for someone who had a pension plan. It seemed I contributed five years of my work ethics for nothing. The managers at this company are not approachable. They hide behind closed doors and are very unprofessional when conducting meetings. They have made a lot of mistakes and have the lawsuits to prove it. Anytime a company is being sued for racial discrimination and continues to employ the parties involved in the suit, there is a problem with everyone involved in the success of the company.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at WellPoint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, Great Company, Excellent Pay

Cons

Long Hours, Hard Work, to much autonomy

There are newer employer reviews for WellPoint