There are newer employer reviews for WellPoint

Great flexibility, great co-workers!

Current Employee - Senior Technical Business Systems Analyst in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Senior Technical Business Systems Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at WellPoint full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work from home options are amazing- with software today they know if you are working or not, having someone over your shoulder in a cube isn't going to stop someone from being a slacker if that's who they are. They hire professionals and treat them accordingly.

Cons

Growth opportunities are very limited- promotions are rare. It could be the economy since no one leaves there is very limited movement.

Advice to Management

Take a look at your promotion process. If the economy turns around you could be in a world of hurt with knowledge walking out the door.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

It was a paycheck

Current Employee - Claims Processor in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Claims Processor in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at WellPoint full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It was steady work but the pay was sub par for the industry. There were opportunities fo work from home only it did not interest me There were periods of mandatory overtime that could sometimes be excessive but it would look good on the paycheck.

Cons

There was always risk of being downsized. I worked there for over six years and one day they virtually downsized my entire department with the exception of a few people.

Advice to Management

Management does not lead by example. Take do not the time to get to know the employees and humanize the team concept.

Degrading.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

I have been working at WellPoint

Pros

Work from home. That's the only benefit. I feel fortunate for that aspect of the job but that's really it.

Cons

Does not treat CS employees well. Little time off, poor raises & lousy health benefits.

Advice to Management

Be an advocate for your employees. Work harder for us to have time off. We are given vacation time but rarely allowed to use it. Even when employees are sick it counts against us. They expect perfection in their reps but give little reward and very little recognition. I would never recommend anyone to work for Wellpoint. It's gone down hill over the years.