One actuary's experience with WellPoint

Current Employee - Associate Actuary  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
Current Employee - Associate Actuary in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at WellPoint

Pros

Intelligent coworkers - strong management - reasonable work/life balance

Cons

operational structure / management structure could use an overhaul - but that is usually the case for any large employer

focus on the organizational structure and lines of communication - reducing the amount of REQUIRED communication between areas while increasing the overall LEVEL of communication is important so that no area becomes siloed

Other Reviews for WellPoint

Advice for working for WellPoint.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Plano, TX

I have been working at WellPoint

Pros

The work environment is nice. There are people that have been there since they started in Plano that are very willing to help you. Recently there have been some very good changes due to the merger with Anthem and Angela Braly becoming CEO. Her vision of what our company can be is inspiring.

Cons

Their compensation package is pretty good. Not quite as good as some of the insurance plans that some of our members have, which is discouraging. You would think as working for a pharmacy company that you would have the best benefits of any company. There is so much to know, and things change with the insurance companies that sometimes we aren't notified about until after their members are calling us.

As the first line in speaking to members, please continue to develop reliable software that is reliable and easy to use. Decide if we are a true customer service company or give just enough information to satisfy the member. Make our salaries and benefits so attractive that we have so many people wanting to work for WellPoint that we hire only the best. Realize the importance of the front line in keeping the members getting the best service and the insurance companies extremely happy.

Its still ok, but that can change at any time and probably sooner then we all think

Current Employee - Accountant  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Accountant in Louisville, KY

I have been working at WellPoint

Pros

Flex time, PTO, dress policy

Cons

Lack of care for the employees.

Pay more attention to the needs of the employee. While its actions may be considered a go-getter, it appears to be greed.

There are newer employer reviews for WellPoint.

Worked for WellPoint? Contribute to the Community!