They are moving Senior services offshore - been laying off for almost 3 years now.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Woodland Hills, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at WellPoint

Pros

You may be lucky and be the one in America. The goal of the company right now is for every one in America; four employees offshore. I am still in contact with former coworkers and this is true. Senior is stealthily being moved to the Philippines at this time.

Cons

Low morale, fear of layoffs, no upward mobility, in house cliques prevent you from getting promotions, constant changing of managers and shuffling employees around.

Bring the jobs back from Honduras, Jamaica, the Philippines and India. Shame on you!

Other Reviews for WellPoint

Started with high self-esteem and great aspirations for job growth to low self-esteem and worry about job security

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at WellPoint

Pros

Different benefit packages to choose from

Cons

Benefits packages not as good as previous years
    Continuous Reogranization
    Poor Management
    Increased Micromanagement
    No Employee support/respect
    Doing more non-production work tasks
    Concern for job security - always a new face, and all the familiar ones are leaving (terminated?/quitting?)

Instead of addressing issues within a department by 1) terminating employees 2) moving employees to a different department 3) moving managers to a different department; investigate what the "real" problem in the department might be.

I don't think Angela F. Braly knows half of what some of her employees are feeling. I think they'd be too afraid to speak up. If she spoke to some who resigned, I'm sure they would be willing to speak freely.

Through adversity I learned how to survivce

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Camarillo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

I worked at WellPoint

Pros

Great staff, I get more support from my colleagues than from management.

Cons

WellPoint doesn't give process improvement or new ideas time to develop. They are too quick to unplug and try something new.

Get innovative and stop cutting on admin, seasoned staff who you need to be competitive.

There are newer employer reviews for WellPoint.

Worked for WellPoint? Contribute to the Community!