Laid back work place

Former Employee - Field Support in Mason, OH
Former Employee - Field Support in Mason, OH

I worked at WellPoint

Pros

The company is very health concious being as though it is a health insurance company. Employees are nice not as much backstabbing to get noticed as compared to some places. Great eating options. Most department leads will stand up for you and the company makes sure you have good materials to work with.

Cons

There isn't mush job security here. You can be here on day and gone the next and then be right back in the same position you were once in. Some of the cubicles are kind of small in the mason 1 building.

Advice to Management

Stop with the laying off and rehiring. All in all you all are doing a nice job in regards to building maintenence and employee wellbeing.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

I was let go of my last job and would return

Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Mason, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Mason, OH

I have been working at WellPoint

Pros

Good salary, plenty of opportunity to advance.

Cons

They reorganize often and have lots of lay-offs

2. WellPoint is a great place to stretch developmentally.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at WellPoint

Pros

There is a lot of diversity in opportunities available within the organization and it being a very virtual work environment means that you are able to take advantage of a greater breadth of opportunity than you may have within a more regionalized company. I feel that I have a lot of resources available to me as an employee and the benefits package and compensation are very competitive.

Cons

WellPoint is a very large organization and it takes awhile to learn your way around so you need to be comfortable with learning the ropes. Change management is also important.

Advice to Management

Leaders continue to be more and more visible to associates - it is a very virtual workplace so that can be hard - but the more we see you the better! In-person goes a lot further than email and local leaders may be very visible but we always benefit from hearing from executive leaders.