Wellesley College

www.wellesley.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Wellesley College

Wonderful!

I have been working at Wellesley College

Pros

Great work environment and supportive co staff.

Cons

Nothing! I loved it all.

24 Other Employee Reviews for Wellesley College (View Most Recent)

Amazing female powered organization

I worked at Wellesley College part-time

Pros

Working in this all female environment is empowering, engaging, and fun! Everyone is very helpful and wants to help you succeed in whatever you are doing. It's a pretty laid back atmosphere, but you know important work is being done there.

Cons

None for me except maybe traveling to get there since it outside of Boston, it isn't as appealing to potential visitors as it might be if it were located in the city.

Very low morale. Huge gap between the have's and have not's

I have been working at Wellesley College full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

hmm. There are decent health benefits. Vacation benefits.

For some, there are great "work from home" benefits. If you are not one of those people you go into the office every day and it builds resentment when you don't see people for literally months at a time. To the point where you forget that they "work" at all. There's little indication or proof that they do anything.

Cons

No advancement. Little support. Very low pay. Little trust or belief in the "higher-ups." Because of all this, there seems to be very low morale. I have worked around people who have worked at Wellesley and left for other jobs. Typical comments from them are "It used to be nice working here. I used to enjoy coming to work, but it hasn't been like that in five years." and after they have left "I don't miss it there at all. I should have left a few years ago."

Offer more support for people who would like to learn and grow in their careers. More training or mentorships. Maybe give raises every now and then.

There are newer employer reviews for Wellesley College