Wellpartner

www.wellpartner.net

Contract Pharmacy expansion of core business a poor place to work

Lead .NET Analyst/Developer (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsWellpartner is a successful company and has plenty of good people who are accomplishing good work with limited resources in the core business. The core business sells online pharmaceuticals and is praised for its superior customer service. The idea behind Contract Pharmacy -- an expansion of the core business --is a good one that could generate a great deal of success if implemented competently.

ConsManagement of Contract Pharmacy -- an expansion of the core business -- is unfocused, does not respect and make use of its members core competencies. I was brought in as a Lead .NET software expert to take ownership and review the state of their existing apps and lead necessary changes including software architecture and new hires. Instead I got to do none of that, so it was a real bait and switch. I worked exclusively on task-oriented patching of multiple database and data warehouse problems -- a completely different job. It was outside my core competency, as I made very clear many times. The software, including front end and databases are in very sorry shape -- about the worst I've ever seen. No OOD, no database expert ever employed. All of my recommendations were entirely ignored by manager of Contract Pharmacy though the level above was in complete agreement with me. I was kept in the dark about new hires and my advice as to the needed skill set was ignored. So there is dysfunction in management where some are not empowered to act when they are said to be. In Contract Pharmacy, micromanagement, procrastination, no SDLC and poor communication are at the expense of results and a solid platform for the future. There are lots of very frustrated people here.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace the management of Contract Pharmacy. Use people's core competencies and let them do the job they were hired to do. Communicate a well -thought-out road map. Take the time to put software and processes in place that are actually well designed for a cost-effective, sustainable future.

There are newer reviews on Wellpartner.

Worked for Wellpartner? Contribute to the Community!