There are newer employer reviews for Wells' Dairy

Excellent career advancement opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Le Mars, IA

I have been working at Wells' Dairy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay for the area. Strong company values. Determined leadership. Currently positioned to be the #1 ice cream producer in the USA.

Cons

Some people in the company are difficult to work for. There are some managers throughout the organization that have a tendency to take credit for successes and place blame for failures.

There needs to be a stronger interview process than having a phone interview and then one other on-site interview when hiring from the outside. At times, it seems as if we have hired people just to have the position filled rather than hiring the right person and training for the job. I think a series of 4-6 interviews over the course of several weeks to really get to know the candidates would not only reduce turnover rate in the supervisor/manager ranks (especially in the plants), but it would also make sure that the people we are hiring share the same values and beliefs as the rest of the company.

18 Other Employee Reviews for Wells' Dairy (View Most Recent)

Great place

I have been working at Wells' Dairy

Pros

I really enjoy working for Blue Bunny.

Cons

They tend to be a tad slow upgrading hardware.

Very good company to work for.

I have been working at Wells' Dairy

Pros

Great family company. Very organized and room for growth. Great People to work with and Leadership always shows respect and appreciation to employees

Cons

Heard of terminations without probable reason. At times when there is job opening even when you have proven to be a capable and over achiever they (staffing) will over look your abilities and give the job to someone just because they have a degree.

Sometimes hiring the best personnel does not mean hire someone with a Bachelor's Degree. At times it is more vital to look at someone's abilities, skills, experience, etc. You can easily eliminate a very good prospect that would add more value to the company by making a college degree a requirement.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells' Dairy