Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Good place to start caree

Former Employee - Senior Auditor in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Senior Auditor in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Good benefits
Good amount of paid time off
Flexible, work from home

Cons

Salary
Takes a long time to get promoted

7689 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Pretty relax atmosphere

Current Employee - Operation Systems Engineer in West Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Operation Systems Engineer in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Pay is good, flexible hours. Vacation/Sick pay package is pretty good too.

Cons

It can be frustrating pushing any updates/changes through. Everything has to be approved by several managers before being approved.

Once great company heading downhill fast

Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Austin, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Good pay with opportunity for quarterly bonuses
    PTO
    401k with company matching
    Great insurance
    Loved my coworkers and my customers! I have made friends for life there. I still have customers begging me to come back.
    There are a lot of tools available to help your succeed.
    Ability to be promoted. I started as a teller and was promoted to Lead Teller within a few months, then finished off as a personal banker.

Cons

HIGH sales pressure! This is the ultimate reason I left the company. I loved my store manager, but the sales goals went beyond reasonable. Our store just could not make its numbers, which it turn resulted into more demand on us. We had solicit businesses at their own stores, work 6 days a week, have 3 confirmed SALES appointments each day (and get in trouble if they didn't show up), stay late and makes sales calls. I've been in retail for a long time. I understand sales help a company, but when your DM is telling you to kick customers out of your office if you are not making a sale off of them its ridiculous. It got to the point that I just didn't feel morally right anymore.

Turnover was insane. In the 3 1/2 years I was there we went through 2 district mangers, 3 store managers, 6 service managers, and I don't even know how many bankers and tellers.

The benefits to this job are so good, that it was heartbreaking for me to have to leave. I just saw too many good and honest people (customers and employees) worked over by a once great company.

Wow is a good concept. Customers deserve to be greeted warmly. But it should not be mandatory that they be greeted by the book. It makes employees sound like robots and comes off cold to customers. Also, being written up because a customer gave you a 4 in a survey category instead of a 5, is insane! Expecting tellers to offer a sales product to every customer every time is also cold. I've had customers who just don't want to bank with WF anymore because of the sales pressure. Customers are no longer customers. They are numbers; and that is no way to do business. I was a customer long before I started working for WF. Sadly I can no longer say that I am.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo