There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Bureaucratic sales environment.

Former Employee - Personal Banker  in  Omaha, NE
Former Employee - Personal Banker in Omaha, NE

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

The benefits package is exceptional.

Cons

Micro-managed in the retail bank sales environment.

Hire outstanding people and allow them to use their talents.

6545 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

The bank use to be WACHOVIA which payed about $12-14 but Wells Fargo starts everyone off with 10.50 experienced or NOT!

Current Employee - Teller  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Teller in Washington, DC

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

My branch in Washington DC wasnt very busy.. Very professional work environment and it was a 9-5 so it allowed me to go to school and have a LIFE.. also AMAZING benefits & great coworkers..

Cons

LOW pay compared to other banks.. I made 14.25 at CitiBank.. 12.22 at Bank of America.. & 13.50 at Capita One as a teller but Wells Fargo only starts you off with 10.50 EXPERIENCED OR NOT .. unless you are bilingual the pay is 11.50... This is in Washington DC/Maryland in year 2011

UPGRADE THE SYSTEMS! THEY ARE ANCIENT

Good experience

Current Employee - Supplier Manager  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Supplier Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Great teams of very talented people. Culture of respect and professionalism.

Cons

Focus on downsizing employees and expense reduction, leaves little management focus on fostering the talent that they have and inspiring employees to be motivated and engaged. The result of cuts leaves a huge burden on the employees left, coupled with aggressive accomplishment goals. After awhile, people get burned out, and sometimes the only way to cope is to become disengaged. Wells Fargo has amazingly talented people, but they are squandering this resource.

Focusing on expense reduction to the exclusion of everything else is very short-sighted. Talented employees are an important resource which should not be taken for granted.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!