Wells Fargo

Bureaucratic sales environment.

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Omaha, NE
Former Employee - Personal Banker in Omaha, NE

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

The benefits package is exceptional.

Cons

Micro-managed in the retail bank sales environment.

Hire outstanding people and allow them to use their talents.

7127 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Used car salesman is the approach Wells Fargo has to doing business.

Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Direct management does a good job of communicating changes that there getting from the top. Employs work hard and for the most part look out for one another.

Cons

Quantity VS quality business model. Micromanagement to the point of hourly phone calls that take 10 minutes and all the employs away from helping out customers other than tellers. Wells Fargo does not value it's customers or employs. It is a business but a very cold one with Wells Fargo taking over Wachovia.

Do QUALITY business! On conference calls and in meetings upper management stresses unreasonable sales numbers and micromanages and quantifies everything from how many checking accounts you sold, debit cards etc. Taking a 30 min lunch break was seen as a lack of work ethic and getting in the way of selling! Wells Fargo implements ideas that are not successful and continually cause waste of manpower and resources.

The bank use to be WACHOVIA which payed about $12-14 but Wells Fargo starts everyone off with 10.50 experienced or NOT!

Current Employee - Teller in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Teller in Washington, DC

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

My branch in Washington DC wasnt very busy.. Very professional work environment and it was a 9-5 so it allowed me to go to school and have a LIFE.. also AMAZING benefits & great coworkers..

Cons

LOW pay compared to other banks.. I made 14.25 at CitiBank.. 12.22 at Bank of America.. & 13.50 at Capita One as a teller but Wells Fargo only starts you off with 10.50 EXPERIENCED OR NOT .. unless you are bilingual the pay is 11.50... This is in Washington DC/Maryland in year 2011

UPGRADE THE SYSTEMS! THEY ARE ANCIENT