There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

I have had a very rewarding experience with Wells Fargo and learned a lot about myself and my skills.

Current Employee - Lead Teller  in  Columbia, MD
Current Employee - Lead Teller in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities to grow
Their drive to promote from within
Their overall reputation in banking

Cons

-Challenging customer base
-Management is very particular about promotion preference
-Policies and procedures are very strict

6471 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Exactly what you would expect working for a bank from 2004-2011

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Team environment, stable stock price

Cons

extensive layoffs, heavy work loads, cuts to benefits, low morale

I miss the old Wells Fargo

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Nationwide footprint makes it easier to relocate.
    Career opportunities/opportunities for advancement and the tendency to promote from within.
    Strong company with tight controls on operations.

Cons

I'm seeing a trend where good, solid, hardworking, ambitious and talented team members in retail banking are pushed to their limits and many of them are feeling extreme stress due to the twin forces of extremely aggressive sales goals and a reduction in staff to reach those goals due to budgetary constraints. Store management in particular is being asked to practically perform miracles. I know many store managers who are leaders within their market who have grown to hate their jobs. These are previously extremely engaged, extremely productive and loyal to WF people who are feeling stressed and very unhappy. If the economy were better, they would be leaving for better opportunities. It's just not worth the stress. I worry about the future of this company if they don't try to retain their best people. Unfortunately, I know people all around the country that work for WF who all feel this way.

Luckily, I scored a position outside of retail, though I'm feeling the constraints of a reduced workforce as I am expected to do the work of two people. I have very poor work/life balance. The demands on my time are high and it is taking a toll on my personal life. I enjoy doing a job well, but at the end of the day, I work to live, not the other way around. It would be nice if WF recognized that I need that balance to truly be the most effective employee I could be and one that felt some loyalty to the company.

I don't hate what I do or hate the company, but I can assure you, if I had the opportunity to make the same pay with a normal 40 hour work week, I would take it!

Without treating people with respect, your business will crumble. Your customers and your employees ARE your business. Don't forget it. Your current strategy of short term profits for your shareholders at any cost, like cutting employee benefits, cutting positions, increasing sales goals and charging new fees to customers will erode the loyalty of both employees and customers. Without those two groups of people, you have no business.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!