Wells Fargo

Great part-time job.

Current Employee - Teller in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Teller in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

I work here part time and I definitely think it's a great place to work. They give you that balance between work and your life.

Cons

I wish they would make realistic goals. I feel as if I'm pressured all the time to exceed at an unreasonable goal.

For my branch, I feel we need more guidance vision of the branch. We need a better idea of what Wells Fargo means.

7114 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

pilitics, politics, politics

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Austin, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Very flexible with schedules
    - good pay
    -good work environment

Cons

politics, politics, politics.. It is all about who you know, at least on the retail side

Help qualified employees look for better opportunities within the company.

Great for stability and benefits, bad for promotions and raises

Former Employee - Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

It's a very stable environment as a full-time employee, with amazing vacation (I had 25 days), with a terrific work-life balance. At least in Wholesale, people are generally good about working no more than 40 hours and managing their own time. Working from home about one day a week is standard, unless a team appears to be abusing it. Wells Fargo has a very wide range of financial products and services, making for an intellectually interesting environment.

Cons

Because of its size, raises tend to be small (1-2% average, never more than 4% unless it comes with a promotion). Promotions are hard to come by too, since people tend to stay in their positions for a long time, and once an opening comes, politics almost always overrides qualifications. There's also a sizeable beuracracy, making product development/changes very slow - slower than most other organizations its size. Every little job has a dedicated employee, making getting experience outside your area difficult.

Reduce complexity! Not just all the many redundant systems and databases that do the same thing, but all the forms and process you have to do to get everything from change of email address to project funding. Forms are updated every month with the same information in a new format. Many forms have 75% the same content, same approvers, but work can't begin till each is routed with appropriate routing time given. Months are wasted in the process, yet more wasted training new employees on the process.

Give employees (FTEs at least, contractors too ideally) more opportunity to work in other areas.

Keep innovating.