There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Wonderful people, raises have been very small

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Columbia, MD
Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

I would say that over 85% of the people in the office are great. Just like in every work environment, there are always those few. The managers are wonderful (can only think of one that I thought was terrible, they handled that though) Overall, I still like my job and those that I work with. I will say that the amount of knowledge you gain is worth it. They encourage creativity and suggestions. They do listen to feedback, well, except for raises.

Cons

Every year the raise get smaller and smaller. I have felt recently, no matter how much extra I have done beyond my assigned work is usually unrewarded or recognized (not referring to thank you notes, talking money). News Flash, thank you notes do not pay the mortgage. There are always headlines of wonderful profits, strong company, then comes review time....Manager tells you, "you're great" and lists all the wonderful accomplishments. Them bam 1%, 1.5%, 2%. Even though you may already be aware that the board has capped raises at 1.5% or 2% you always hope that some sorry, unproductive person an aisle over would get .5% and you would see a little more, after all, you have done so much. It's not just Wells either, it's all over. Companies are wondering how little can they feed the horse before it dies.

Advice to Management

The management is great, some are remarkable. My only gripe is raises. Every year I have swallowed all the sacrifices I have made, being as productive as I could, cut costs, even finding money for the bottom line, and tried streamlining any process I could. Never really amounted to much for me. I have kind of given up, gave all I could give, and will be moving on.

reviews filtered by
  1. Overall a good place to work, but can have some pretty heavy pressures from sales quotas

Current Employee - Teller in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Teller in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Good staff, Oppurunity to advance, flexible with a school schedule, great managment team with lots of feedback, and can go to anubody for advancement in company

Cons

Not good at sales=less room to move in the company

2. It's great if you are driven! It's not if you are a follower.

Current Employee - Premier Banker in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Premier Banker in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

This company will give you everything that you want if you are good. This is not a job for the weak at heart. You have to be able to do whats best for both customer and company. Sometimes Management will guide you to focus on driving measurable business to meet their goals. Do them a favor and meet those goals and you will be loved! If you are driven, ethical and have strong relationship management skills, then the possibilities are endless. The name is great so when people come see you, it's for a reason.

Cons

Managers of different stores are all somewhat different. Some focus on measurable statistics that are instant i.e. solutions. If your not getting them, then you are coached. Sometimes managers will turn the other way while business takes place. Brokerage is scattered with other wirehouses/RIA's having a competitive advantage.

Advice to Management

Pay us like our peers. Give us some competitive advantages when it comes to brokerage.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo