There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

An emotional roller coaster, and an immediate results driven environment in the retail banking sector.

Former Employee - Business Banking Specialist in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Business Banking Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Wells Fargo has a great brand name reputation. Its a great place to start a career in banking. A sales/results driven environment. Opportunities for career advancement and professional development if you show capabilities of becoming a rock star performer. Excellent tools for learning and development. Solid benefits package.

Cons

The retail banking environment is micro managed depending on the branch manager you work for. Some branches have a cut throat sales environment where some bankers are driven to make unethical decisions in regards to offering products or services sometimes without customer consent (ie: Many customer complaints "I came in to order a new debit card, and now I have 4 that were mail to me. Or, customer comes in to open a checking account and is almost forced to open a savings account to "complete the package").

Some retail branch managers, coach by telling not by showing, and have no clue of how credit works, and most likely could not live up to the sales quota goals they push us to do. For example if you do not hit your daily goal between 9 - 6, you are forced to stay until 7 to make additional sales calls to hit your numbers without over time pay.

The biggest con is how they find ways not to pay out on commissions, in fact I truly believe there is a team in upper management that created bonus goals they know are impossible to reach. Thus not paying bonuses. Pay your bankers for the results they drive. Change the pace of the sales environment from a get the client to accept this offer now to a more consultative approach. Some branch managers promote unethical behavior, however will throw their team under the bus if a customer complains about the service or product the manager pushed the banker to sell.

6758 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Great learning experience

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Excellent opportunity to work at one of the best financial institutions in the country. Exposure to front end systems and processes. Opportunity to work with industry experts.

Cons

Large institutions sometimes can be inhospitable to innovation.

You get out what you put in

Former Employee - Store Manager in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Fast career track and lucrative bonus

Cons

Turnover made it difficult when you were constantly training newbies

Poor leadership will lead to disengaged employees and poor results.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo