Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

An emotional roller coaster, and an immediate results driven environment in the retail banking sector.

Former Employee - Business Banking Specialist in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Business Banking Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Wells Fargo has a great brand name reputation. Its a great place to start a career in banking. A sales/results driven environment. Opportunities for career advancement and professional development if you show capabilities of becoming a rock star performer. Excellent tools for learning and development. Solid benefits package.

Cons

The retail banking environment is micro managed depending on the branch manager you work for. Some branches have a cut throat sales environment where some bankers are driven to make unethical decisions in regards to offering products or services sometimes without customer consent (ie: Many customer complaints "I came in to order a new debit card, and now I have 4 that were mail to me. Or, customer comes in to open a checking account and is almost forced to open a savings account to "complete the package").

Some retail branch managers, coach by telling not by showing, and have no clue of how credit works, and most likely could not live up to the sales quota goals they push us to do. For example if you do not hit your daily goal between 9 - 6, you are forced to stay until 7 to make additional sales calls to hit your numbers without over time pay.

The biggest con is how they find ways not to pay out on commissions, in fact I truly believe there is a team in upper management that created bonus goals they know are impossible to reach. Thus not paying bonuses. Pay your bankers for the results they drive. Change the pace of the sales environment from a get the client to accept this offer now to a more consultative approach. Some branch managers promote unethical behavior, however will throw their team under the bus if a customer complains about the service or product the manager pushed the banker to sell.

7424 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Great experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

The people are good and the management does try and get you to where you want to be. There is an approach to moving people forward however you need to want to be there. One of the issue that are with that is that if you are comfortable they are not going to push you. If you are on the ball and working to move you can.

Cons

The worst part is that they are a large company. The corporate culture is everywhere and it is tough to get some things done. The manager's vary and you can get a micromanager one time and a great manager another time.

I would say that they need to keep up the moving of people and really take a look at the way the people are trying to become.

Very rewarding at one point of your career

Current Employee - Store Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Aggressively promoting to desired positions with heavy focus on your performance and WOW

Cons

WOW is overrated. People get fired for not meeting company standards of perfect 80%. Sales goals are overstretched

Take time to see branch life not only through numbers on the reports and spend at least one day a year in retail branch to get the "true numbers and WOW atmosphere"

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo