Great Place to Work!!

Current Employee - Loan Documentation Specialist IV in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Loan Documentation Specialist IV in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

- Competitive pay and benefits - Good management - Work for one of the great companies in the US - Gives new college-grads opportunities - Opportunity for advancement

Cons

- Long hours during crunch time - High-volume, high-stress environment - Co-workers sometimes under qualified (incompetent) - Large corporate structure gives little voice to the average employee

Advice to Management

Not too many complaints. It would be best to be a little more careful with hiring for the higher level positions. Vertical corporate structure a symptom of a fortune 100 company: leads to slow change and inability to adapt quickly.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Unfair

Current Employee - Lead Teller in College Station, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Teller in College Station, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

The company name looks good on a resume.

Cons

Completely unfair management, I have worked for the company for almost two years and when I applied for a management position that was a perfect fit for me they hired a regular teller that had only been there for 2 and a half months and had no management experience whatsoever and was new to the company. They have no regards to hiring properly, it's basically a joke to them. They will hire whoever for whatever because in the end the employees are just a number that can easily be replaced.

2. Wonderful company to grow and learn if you wish to pursue a banking career

Current Employee - Personal Banker I in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I in West Chester, PA

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Company has an excellent culture of helping team members reach career goals and promoting from within. Numerous career paths to follow. Company maintains a very good reputation among other retail banks. Very progressive in systems used to help bankers sell products and services.

Cons

If one is not sales oriented this is not the job to pursue. Very aggressive in attaining sales goals. Company is heavily segmented and can be very bureaucratic with one getting connected to many different departments for resolutions.

Advice to Management

Pay needs to be a little bit more:)