There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay, good enviriment, fair treatment.

Cons

To much focus on numbers

Advice to Management

focus more on the individual.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good working environment

Former Employee - Vice President in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Vice President in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

After specific length of time of service, will reimburse for on-going education.
    Flexible for work/life balance

Cons

Very large organization footprint throughout the US. Difficult to network across the organization in order to hear about opportunities for advancement. Could become siloed in career. However this is true of most large corporations.

I hated my job! If you're in retail, this fake company is horrible to work for!

Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Dallas, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working for a large and stable company...and that's where it ends.

Cons

Upward mobility completely sucks if you're in retail. Managers will promise you a raise if you hit your numbers but then they just keep finding another excuse not to promote you. All the managers think they are God's gift to finance when, in reality, retail banking is at the bottom of the totem pole in the finance arena. If you have Personal Banker on your resume nobody cares because recruiters know that you don't have any specialized knowledge in anything related to finance. Wells Fargo likes to say that they have a great training program but that is non-existent. In lieu of hiring quality people they think that by implementing blanket sales and service procedures for everyone and the rest will just work itself out. Horrible way to run a business. There wasn't one person at my branch that enjoyed coming to work. Everybody was miserable...always being reprimanded by the manger for the smallest things. The happiest day of my life was my last day with this awful company. And, yes, I DID consistently hit sales numbers, I DID stay late and come to work early, I NEVER complained...I was a GREAT employee but none of that matters.

Advice to Management

Get a life. You're really not that special or that much better at anything than anybody else.