There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

I would recommend Wells Fargo to my cousin Joe... I hate my cousin Joe with a deep passion.

Former Employee - Banker  in  City of Industry, CA
Former Employee - Banker in City of Industry, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

I guess the health benefits. That's REALLY about it.

Cons

Management treats employees like they are children. Employees are put against each other as if the workplace is a battlefield. It's all about numbers numbers numbers. Do people really need 10 different accounts that have the absolute worst interest rates?

Treat your employers with more respect. At least pretend they have a shred of value to the company. I work hard at my current job because my managers treat me as if I am important to the company and actually trust me.

6456 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Horrible management/Tuscaloosa Market

Former Employee - Personal Banker I  in  Tuscaloosa, AL
    Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Tuscaloosa, AL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Paid time off/needed because of terrible working conditions

Cons

Uneducated management, unrealistic goals, terrible is the only explanation

Take REAL management courses, learn how to positively motivate & coach employees .

Show respect

Tellers must sell and wow

Former Employee - Teller  in  Glendale, AZ
    Former Employee - Teller in Glendale, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

PTO, Tuition reimbersment, 401k. Your experience in the retail side really depends on your store manager. I personally will avoid working for wells fargo at all costs.. Many people love their job outside the retail side within wells, i've heard underwriting is a great department.

Cons

Unrealistic sales, management does not have clue what really goes on, extreme gaming to meet goals, employees constantly on the edge about losing their job or being demoted if sales goals arn't met. It is essientially a revolving door here, always new employees because team members finally call it quits. Sadly, the people who are promoted within retail are usually those able to game the system the best. Store Managers/District Managers/Market Presidents will turn a blind eye to ethical issues related to sales because it affects their bonus payout.

Make reasonable goals so people don't game, offer more incentive to current employees so turn over is lower. Sales often don't contribute to the bottom line. Sending multiple debit cards to customers who don't want/need them is not value adding, but shareholder destroying.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!