Wells Fargo

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Life is too short

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Personal Banker in Austin, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits and opportunity for people straight out of college.

Cons

Extremely corporate and could care less about it's people or customers.

Treat your people like more than a sales number and give them some power to make decisions.

7129 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

I hated my job! If you're in retail, this fake company is horrible to work for!

Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Dallas, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working for a large and stable company...and that's where it ends.

Cons

Upward mobility completely sucks if you're in retail. Managers will promise you a raise if you hit your numbers but then they just keep finding another excuse not to promote you. All the managers think they are God's gift to finance when, in reality, retail banking is at the bottom of the totem pole in the finance arena. If you have Personal Banker on your resume nobody cares because recruiters know that you don't have any specialized knowledge in anything related to finance. Wells Fargo likes to say that they have a great training program but that is non-existent. In lieu of hiring quality people they think that by implementing blanket sales and service procedures for everyone and the rest will just work itself out. Horrible way to run a business. There wasn't one person at my branch that enjoyed coming to work. Everybody was miserable...always being reprimanded by the manger for the smallest things. The happiest day of my life was my last day with this awful company. And, yes, I DID consistently hit sales numbers, I DID stay late and come to work early, I NEVER complained...I was a GREAT employee but none of that matters.

Get a life. You're really not that special or that much better at anything than anybody else.

Numbers are all that matter, but even that won't matter

Former Employee - Store Manager in DFW, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in DFW, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Backing of a large institution. All products available, even some no one knew they sold.

Cons

Micromanagement to the max. Jump into January is a joke because it doesn't stop there. Employees are encouraged to accuse high performers and investigations must get paid based on how many people they fire, not actually getting correct information.

Get out of your offices and realize what's going on in the branches. You may have done these jobs, but that was 15-20 years ago when the environment was different. Quit raising goals to rediculous levels so you don't have to pay bonuses.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo