WF Decent Place to work

Former Employee - Portfolio Manager in Lubbock, TX
Former Employee - Portfolio Manager in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wide variety of business lines. Wide variety of businesses to be analyzed Strong credit culture Great place to learn banking fundamentals

Cons

Lengthy credit approval process which can sometimes affect the ability to meet customers time frames. Sometimes appears it is tougher to do deals because of the strong credit culture

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

Just do your job

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fair pay Good Paid Time Off Program Access to health, vision, dental TONS of opportunity Extensive training

Cons

Incentive plan isn't quite as competitive as the rest of the industry To answer to some of the other reviews on here, the reality is DO YOUR JOB. People complain about sales and etc. It is the name of the job, Wells Fargo never lies about it, it is sales focused. But goals are manageable if you truly work, make calls and set appointments. If you can manage to just perform, advancement shouldn't be an issue. Side bar, my trainer had even mentioned in my initial training that when she was doing a large training class with a bunch of managers, all the managers remarked that they had seen people let go left and right for ethics violations but not one knew of an employee that was let go to non-performance on sales. This may vary by market I suppose, but it is true never the less that it takes a lot longer to be let go over performance than trying to unethically perform.

Advice to Management

I wish diversity was more inclusive. I really do enjoy working in a more diverse environment, but I feel that if your ideological beliefs don't fall in line with the gay pride movement, than you aren't truly a diverse person. I don't mind, and enjoy the perspective of all people, but I wish they acknowledge that even those who may not agree, or have ideological beliefs that are different are still an important part of diversity, and that by being so liberal in their thoughts it can be exclusive of other.

What Wells Fargo can do?

Current Employee - Intern in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Intern in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Huge Company. There are several outlets.

Cons

Huge Company, you are expendable.

Advice to Management

Focus more on development