Wells Fargo

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Good company overall

Current Employee - Software Engineer
Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good vacation time, flexible work schedule, decent 401k matching

Cons

Health insurance options are terrible and expensive, HR really limits managers on what they can do to keep talent from leaving.

Forcing management to cut expenses usually causes reduction in staff. When a team member leaves, the middle manager sees that as an easy way to not have to terminate staff and make their required cuts. Not replacing them causes the rest of the project team to cover and end up working 10-16 hour days to meet the deadlines. While yes, you got the numbers you asked for and that manager got their bonus, and the shareholders saw the profit. You cause the employee's to dislike the working environment, you allow HR to tie the lower managers hands at what they can do for the staff the worked their ass off to produce the promised result, you see at a high level that service wasn't really impacted and the staff that wasn't replaced isn't needed because the job got done anyway. If it doesn't get done, then the lower manager didn't meet their objectives and gets dinged at performance review time, the middle and upper management gets rewarded for making life suck for the people that work for them. While I understand finding saves is important, producing profits is why we are in business. I believe more emphasis needs to be placed on working smarter, using the existing talent to find better ways of automating the busy work, increase productivity, and even produce more with the existing staff or even less. BUT, you should provide incentives to the people at the bottom of the Org chart who don't want to manage people, they just want to produce results. I found that going above and beyond keeps you a job, and just doing your job gets you the same results. After many years with the company I hear the same responses from every manager. "This is the bucket of money to divide up, and when it's empty here is a pat on the back." Example: Code that took 2 days to write, but caused anther department $250K/year in saves/efficiencies was not appreciated by that departement because that manager didn't want to lose head count because they no longer had to do manually processing. It could have been a SAFE, but they refused to use that word and ended up taking it as an efficiency and not one thank you was sent my way. My salary wasn't affected by doing my job. Our department ended up cutting one of the few developers that were producing results, but the results weren't directly tied to their department and couldn't be justified. So much for working as a team. In summary, when you can create a save, take it, but don't take saves before finding them first.

7107 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Had a great manager who allowed me to take on projects myself

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

So many opportunities to grow, develop, and experience different parts of the organization

Cons

Huge organization - can be easy to fall between the cracks

to check the salary of wells fargo

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

good reputation, international, environment, collegue

Cons

salary, salary growth, promotion, working time

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo