There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Great benefits, excellent management

Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Shoreview, MN
Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Shoreview, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The management is great, the people who work with you are fun.

Cons

Difficult to get PTO approved. Very micro-managed.

Advice to Management

For sales it should not be about volume, it should be about quality of referrals. Too many customers are pushed to sales unknowingly. We need to retain customers to be able to cross-sell and have customers be more apt to listen to what we have to say instead of having to explain why we are talking to them in the first place.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to start career

Current Employee - Teller in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Teller in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Wells Fargo part-time (more than a year)

Pros

good growth within the job

Cons

emphasis on cross selling and getting that balance right

2. Good place to work for an independent self starter

Current Employee - Home Mortgage Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Home Mortgage Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Love the ability to work from the office or remote locations, including home. I spent at least 1/2 my time working out of a full office in my home. I also like the ability to set my own hours. Lead opportunities are some of the best in the business.

Cons

Terrible processing and underwriting turn times. Very little support from operations and management when help is needed. I missed an annual quota by 400K (about 4 loans) and was fired. No documentation, no write up, no warnings...and the assurance from my manager that I was fine and not to worry about it. I had 15 loans in processing for 1.5mill that didn't close on time due to slow turn times and that was not factored in at all. All loans were good ones and will close.

Advice to Management

You lost a good loan officer and I know of several more that will be leaving soon because you don't close the business that the mortgage folks generate. You say you will get better but then you term someone who still had a pipe, was trained, experienced, and self supportive. How much does that cost you in terms of turnover? I was in a meeting where I herd a manager say that they aren't worried about HMC's that leave, they will just hire more. Have a back up plan if you join.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo