Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com

Never work for this company. waste of time and to much stress

Personal Banker I (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsBenefits and maybe a few good employees

ConsWhere to begin?????
Okay, lets start at my position in Retail Banking. So according to the general public a banker is to help people financially but that is not true. They hire you as salesmen(to hustle customers). Basically, managers want you to lie to customers and tell them they need new accounts when actually you don't. For example, around November 2011 Wells Fargo(WF) changed their accounts on how they waive the fee. Most people had a Complete Advantage which was waived with a $75 transfer from checking to savings. After November, WF did away with the transfer to waive the fee and made it only where you need $7500 in the account or have it link to a home mortgage or else you would incur a fee. Instead bankers would LIE, i repeat, LIE to customers and say they have to change the account in whole when in the system all you had to do was convert it to a lower account to not incur fees. They caused confusion and a hassle for customers when they just had to do a simple conversion. The reason why bankers(salesmen) don't convert products is because the bankers want to get the sale. Most managers and District managers didnt want you to do this(wink,wink). Okay, i'm being sarcastic. They know this is going on and they have a blind eye and they too want to get the sale.

This company is sooo sales focused on sales they really will do anything just to hit goal. Yes the company will promote but they promote bad behavior, they will only promote people who produce the most sales and not really quality sales. Most bankers who do quality work are lower on sales and they get yelled at for having low sales(WF calls it solutions). I've seen numerous bankers quit because they are passed up by shady bankers.

To name a few sales tactics shady bankers do:
-create fake people using(no social security number is required to open an account) saying they are from a foreign country. They use a friend or family members address. They sign the document them self and fund the account with their own money. They withdrawal when they get the debit card or just transfer it over to a new account when they do this cycle all over again.

-as mentioned above, they lie to customer to get new accounts.

-Put people in the wrong products to get a higher profit proxy(putting them in a higher tier account). this looks better and bankers have a profit they have to hit. to customers it just means after three months they incur a fee and they complain about it.

-Creating a fake business and say its a doing a business as. pretty much dont need a business licence because they put the business under a sole prop. and the account will go through. they do this to get more profit.

-Bankers will open numerous accounts under friends and family just to hit goal. im talking about 4 checking and 4 savings just so their numbers look good. Im sure you have had a friend who worked at WF ask you to open an account.

The company really doesnt care how you get the sale(solutions) just as long as the results are there. The company will promote these people and try to force it on the new hires. its pretty muchif you have my back and get this done, then you will be on my good side. if you refuse, you will quit because you will hate it here. Everyday i swear its a new day and if you dont hit goal, its the END of the WORLD. if you somehow did good today its like great job but if you dont tomorrow, EVERYONE FREAK OUT!!

It short, the company cares about results only. They promotes bad behavior. They care less about the employee ethical standpoint. Personal Bankers in Wells Fargo is not a real banker position.

Oh yeah when it comes to customer service, they are so up tight about it freak out if you dont have a greeter. they are paid to get customer service. anything but all fives is a failure. if you get all 5's and one 4. you really will get yelled at and written up. the survey is based on 5 questions ranging from 1-5. ill tell you this, i got one 4 and i had a two hour talk with my manager. This was not kool because i know the customer and the customer was someone who came in because another banker lied to the customer and i had to fix it. it just so happen i got the survey and i had the customer thanking me and fully satisfied with my service. i still get yelled at.

If you work for this company, please do not work in retail. do something. i have more to say but i really am tired of typing so much.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes to reality

People as a competitive advantage

Vice President (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Market share, reputation, vision and values, commitment to c ommunity Cons: Potentially the Company size might be seen as much of… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the Great Work! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Place to work for.

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Lots of career path opportunities. Good pay and benefits. Upper… Cons: no cons to report at this time Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Wells Fargo.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!