Consumer Loan Underwriter 3

Former Employee - Consumer Loan Underwriter III in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Consumer Loan Underwriter III in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Monthly bonus. Base aalary $63,000.

Cons

Company hired me as a Senior Underwriter although I had no experience in mortgage lending, only commercial underwriting. Although I learned quickly, there were some details that I missed. The Lending Manager responsible for granting loan authority claimed she had trained me several times, which was completely false. I was let go after 3 months due to mistakes on 2 loans out of 24 that I had underwritten. Very unfair envirornment. 10+ hours of overtime required per week.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. The best company I ever worked for!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Wells Fargo. I worked for Wells for nearly 5 years. I went through many significant changes during my time with Wells; not only were the changes relevant professionally, but there were major personal struggles and growth during that time as well. I was able to utilize many different benefits Wells Fargo offers: the tuition reimbursement program, short-term disability, singing in the choir in Minneapolis, the volunteer program-Junior Achievement Finance Park, several different employee recognition programs, and many other programs which provided a fulfilling work environment.

Cons

As with any work environment, there can be tension and issues that arise between employees. I found that my particular department was a breeding ground for negative issues and cliques. These problems, however, are common everywhere.

2. Values employees, customers, and investors.

Former Employee - Applications Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Applications Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked in the Internet Services Group of Wells Fargo and it was a terrific place to work. The hours were reasonable, good benefits, and an enjoyable group of employees. Good budget for software tools so you usually get what you need to get your work done. Mostly, I really appreciated that Wells Fargo truly seems to want to provide value to employees, customers, and the community as much as they do for investors.

Cons

It's a huge behemoth so things can happen very slowly which can get, perhaps, a bit boring sometimes. They are eliminating the San Francisco offices and I sense a degradation in work environment since I left.

Advice to Management

Don't leave San Francisco! It's worth the extra rental cost for the quality of the technical people.