Excellent Company

Current Employee - Loan Servicing Specialist in Des Moines, IA
Current Employee - Loan Servicing Specialist in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Many opportunities for career growth in various areas of the financial servicing industry. The company provides a solid benefits package and paid time off for waged workers as well.

Cons

Some of the production level work can be a bit on the repetitive side. Entry level departments tend to be full of unhappy people and the negative attitude of the workers can bring one down.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Stressful!

Former Employee - Phone Banker I in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Phone Banker I in Boise, ID

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Met some nice people. PTO

Cons

If you want constant pressure to achieve unattainable sales and metric goals than this job is for you! Pushing products and services that customers dont't need all day every day with scripts that will make you loose your mind. Boring job!!! I felt sick every time I left the house to go to work. Coaching on a daily basis. Mind numbing work and the employee turnover is off the charts. Only 2 people left from my class and they'll probably be gone if they don't meet the sales requirements. They don't care if your good at customer service, sales are the only thing they want. Customers be damned. Always a couple of training class happening every month. If they didn't they wouldn't have anyone manning the phones.

Advice to Management

Where do I begin!

Numbers, Numbers, Numbers

Former Employee - Personal Banker
    Former Employee - Personal Banker

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Matching 401k, dental, vision, medical, time off, holidays. decent pay once you work your way up. Promoted from teller to Personal Banker after 9 months.

Cons

It's all sales. They train you to do everything "right" for the customer, but when you help the customer to activate a debit card or look up their balances, the managers get mad you couldn't convince them to open a new account, or credit card, or other solution. If you don't open 10 products a day then they will spring a "call-night" on you where you have to stay an extra hour or two and do cold-calls to set up appointments. they micro-manage everything. there's a chart fo how many calls you made, how many people picked up the call, how many people set up appointments, and how many solutions you got from those. customers suck. you have so many tasks to do and calls to make but customers will walk right up to your desk even if you're on the phone. Management was getting ready to implement a Restroom sign-in sheet for the employees. I felt that was an invasion of privacy so I quit one month after being a banker realizing that I have personal values that outweigh a stressful work environment

Advice to Management

You train us to care about the customers needs first but really you only care about opening products even if it's not right. Bankers would put in false info to open some accounts and sign people up for overdraft protection without even mentioning it to the customer! so wrong!