There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Serious Upside Opportunity

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Wells Fargo is sytematically and thoughtfully moving up the league tables in investment banking, capital markets, and sales and trading. Because of this, the company is hiring while the rest of the street is downsizing. This provides opportunities to quickly move up and gain responsibilities faster than at other firms.

Cons

The company may seem a little slow to adopt the latest technology. Additionally, the company is risk adverse (which is good for stability of the firm but bad for short term profit). This can be aggravating as the corporate bank may not use its balance sheet as much as it could, the investment bank may not seek out some high profile deals, and the traders can't take as much risk.

Advice to Management

Focus on marketing why the company is a great place for talent to go to due to the company's growth prospects. It's easier to rise up the ranks in a growing company than a shrinking one.

reviews filtered by

I do enjoy my job and position at Wells Fargo

Current Employee - Service Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has been around since the 1800's so they are definitely doing something right. The career potential is there if you put your mind and talents out there to succeed and grow. The benefits are nice with 401k (with some matching), medical (with family and domestic partnership coverages), dental, vision, and paid vacation/sick time. My particular goal is to remain in my position because I am comfortable and the job is ever-changing. I've recommended friends to work here and they've been hired...and they are also satisfied with their employment.

Cons

The company is, most definitely, sales driven. This is not something really to be viewed as a "con" per-say, however, the company boasts about being customer service oriented, however, sales is the number one priority. Where this becomes a "con" is that the pressure for sales is so high (especially in the branches) it can cause staff to do unethical practices and managers to threaten staff members with termination if some of the unrealistic goals are not met.

2. WFCF is a good business with quality people operating in a difficult markets

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the people are great. Dynamic experience working with different business types, sizes and stages.

Cons

Changing compliance requirements, changing policy, too much change. Weak systems.

Advice to Management

Allow RMs to focus on clients, not compliance.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo