Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com
  www.wellsfargo.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

good company to hang your hat on

Current Employee - Application Developer in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Application Developer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

compensation, flexible schedule, location, secure

Cons

heavy workload, complexity, individually oriented

7127 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

good formal training then thrown in the deep end

Current Employee - Financial Advisor
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company has an organized training, study program run by good people and the branch has collegial atmosphere, great support local staff, helpful branch management, solid name recognition

Cons

the mothership bank gets paid first. The training is no substitute for the practical, number one initial job which is account opening and then generating revenues via either transaction or advisory fees if the accounts are large enough.

partnering with an established advisor may not be welcomed but it is the approach that would really work.

I do enjoy my job and position at Wells Fargo

Current Employee - Service Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has been around since the 1800's so they are definitely doing something right. The career potential is there if you put your mind and talents out there to succeed and grow. The benefits are nice with 401k (with some matching), medical (with family and domestic partnership coverages), dental, vision, and paid vacation/sick time. My particular goal is to remain in my position because I am comfortable and the job is ever-changing. I've recommended friends to work here and they've been hired...and they are also satisfied with their employment.

Cons

The company is, most definitely, sales driven. This is not something really to be viewed as a "con" per-say, however, the company boasts about being customer service oriented, however, sales is the number one priority. Where this becomes a "con" is that the pressure for sales is so high (especially in the branches) it can cause staff to do unethical practices and managers to threaten staff members with termination if some of the unrealistic goals are not met.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo