Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com
  www.wellsfargo.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Too much emphasis on referrals and sales

Former Employee - Teller in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Teller in Houston, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Good benefits and big company

Cons

Strict on meeting sales, too much pressure on referrals

Loosen up a little and focus more on customer service like how Wachovia was before it turned into Wells Fargo

7127 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Depending on your area, you could go far

Current Employee - Personal Banker I
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

Pay, benefits and bonuses are all fair

Cons

Stress stress and more stress

Learn to encourage the team not invoke fear to get sales results.

Rewarding, Educational, fun.. at times difficult, frustrating, non-appreciated.

Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I think overall if you want to really get the best training the retail banking industry can provide, go to Wells Fargo. They're incredible about internal promotions as long as you stick to their plan, prove yourself and work hard. There is tons of district and regional recognition, and (in my area at least) they try to make it as fun as possible. The medical benefits gradually got worse/more expensive as we transitioned from Wachovia to Wells, however. But they were okay. Incentive is great if reached.

Cons

As with any sales-driven job, "it's not about what you did for me yesterday, it's what you can do for me today." Wells Fargo is the TOP of the list for micromanagement. Daily sales tracking calls at 11, 2 and 5:00, on top of weekly calls for bankers at 8 or 8:15 and weekly (sometimes daily) calls for service managers (teller managers). At one point I was the top performing banker in my district, but was put on performance coaching because I wasn't following a particular system in place that is supposed to maximize sales. That's the type of things that turned me away. The incentive goals recently lowered, but there's a catch to it. They tell you how much money you can make, yet to make anything over $1-300 tops as a banker is almost impossible. Management is so inconsistant from branch to branch which also makes things tough.

Listen to your bankers. They are the reason for your business success. Be more personable when they reach out to you directly. Don't just count them as a replaceable number.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo