Financial Analyst

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Hyderābād (India)
Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Hyderābād (India)

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Value for employees is high, very conservative in approach

Cons

Too much outsourcing, workd load is seasonal in offshore offices

Advice to Management

improve employee engagement, advertise more

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

Nice place to work

Current Employee - Technology Specialist in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Technology Specialist in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good thing working with bank technical team is that you will become more quality oriented about the code you deliver. After joining here, i started writing my code as more secure, maintainable, efficient, High quality and this is what job demands here. Also being a developer for bank you are supposed to learn the new technologies quickly and adapt it, Since banks are becoming competitive with the help of the technolgies only be it a internet banking, mobile banking, tablet banking... I truly enjoy my work in wells fargo, and thats the reason i am satisfied here.

Cons

Very less or NO onsite opportunity

2. Lead Teller

Current Employee - Lead Teller in Florida (Uruguay)
    Current Employee - Lead Teller in Florida (Uruguay)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's a job. Benefits, today, are the only pro, however, they are fewer and fewer each year. Working federal holidays, end of pension plan, increased insurance costs, minimal raises, etc. Soon, benefits will not be a pro!

Cons

With 30 years experience, former Vice President and Branch Manager, I have chosen to be a teller as a lead in to retirement. I am treated like a 5 year old. Never nice enough, never quick enough to respond, never pushy enough to get another solution! Goals are the same across the board. Whether you see 100 customers per day or 250. Go figure! If you are doing well, you have to do better to pick up the slack for those underperforming so that numbers for next level of management look good. Managers and service managers can be the rudest of all, however, they never get "shopped" by Gallop, so why should they care??? So wow, if they are feeling the heat, why not contribute somehow. Get out there and do some business development and find us some new customers so we are not trying to sell something to the same people day after day, even when there is no benefit to the customer. If you are a employee, track the unethical transactions going on so that protect yourself!

Advice to Management

Look at your markets. Adjust goals accordingly. Look at your management teams. You just may have employees that are competent on their own and want to do a good job! Isn't always the "coaching", that is making them successful. They might really care about doing a good job and taking care of their customers. When coached by unknowledgeable, do nothing all day superiors, you are lucky that your turnover is not higher than it is. Also, how about sending out a questionnaire to our customers and ask them about how they feel about being asked over and over again if they would be interested in applying for the credit card that they are prequalifed for. Only to apply and then be denied! Makes your employees that are trying to add a benefit to your customers financial future look stupid!!! BEST RECOMMENDATION: Form a business development team for each market and do some business development! Your tellers can not do this for you and also balance and give 5 star service. Hope I don't get fired for this!