Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Sent in resume passed online test an was told I had phone interview. That went well waiting for branch manager.

Current Employee - Personal Banker I
Current Employee - Personal Banker I

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

Very smooth very nice to talk to.

Cons

No down side all good so far.

7668 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Wells Fargo Advisors

Current Employee - Registered Client Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Client Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, good hours and several holidays off. There are a lot of education opportunities within the firm.

Cons

Commission based salary and low growth potential. Also, almost all of the FA's are men and almost all of the CA's are women. There are clear gender biased roles and most women do not break through the CA position.

Continue to recognize CA's for their work. We handle most of the relationship with the clients.

Great place to work, but limited internal growth potential

Current Employee - Operations Analyst III in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst III in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people are great. The company is strong and stable. There are many job types and opportunities within the company. It's a great place to get experience.

Cons

There is an internal policy that limits growth of the employees to about 15% for internal promotions. This isn't an issue if you join the company at a reasonable market rate, but if you are planning on starting at the bottom and trying to work your way up, you will quickly find that you will always be at the bottom. The consensus from employees I have spoken with is that the best way to earn a respectable salary is to leave the company and come back at a decent rate. I know two individuals who did this and doubled their salary in one year, keeping in mind that they were severely underpaid to begin with.

Try to build a better culture of talent retention. Too many great employees leave because of the rigid compensation policy. Just because you get a bargain rate on an employee to begin with doesn't mean that you should hold them at the bottom for the rest of their career. The smart employees will always leave for better pay, and you will be left with the least ambitious, least talented people working for you for the long term. This does not seem to be a very good recipe for success.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo