Wells Fargo

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Great to work for

Former Employee - Loan Secretary
Former Employee - Loan Secretary

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Brank was located in a small rural community. Management was always willing to work with me when time off was needed for family sickness etc... Large company opportunity for advancement or relocating was always available. Only left because family business was in need of personnel.

Cons

Holiday work schedules are not great such as the day after Thanksgiving.

7075 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

If you get a good manager and are willing to work, the sky is the limit.

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company offers great benefits, including solid vacation pay (from Day 1), company match 401k (after year 1), reasonable starting salary, good hours with easy work/life balance, and significant growth opportunities. The job itself is not hard if you're somewhat intelligent and are a people person. If you're willing to work hard, you will see doors opening much faster, of course.

Cons

Of course there is sales pressure, but its not anywhere near as bad as I've read in other reviews (of course this will vary greatly depending on where you are working and under whom). I was fortunate to get one of the good managers. Phenomenal, actually. Not without flaws, but a genuine concern for his employees and their growth. A decent amount of downtime (which I actually enjoyed), and some days it can be boring, but that is up to you. Conference calls are not awesome. My biggest complaint is probably the number of employees that should not have been hired in the first place. Wastes time and money to train them when they end up quitting or getting fired within 6 months anyway.

Weed out bad hires more quickly and recognize and promote talent sooner. This is minor, though. Overall, all that really needs to happen is that the bad managers need to either be trained by the good ones or weeded out sooner.

What I expected.

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

The relationships with your coworkers was the most pleasant I have had. Most customers were very nice at the branch I worked at.

Cons

Jos is very demanding for such little money/recognition. Hours are too long with not enough breaks. Drive thru is for the birds

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo