There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

If you get a good manager and are willing to work, the sky is the limit.

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Las Vegas, NV
Current Employee - Personal Banker in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company offers great benefits, including solid vacation pay (from Day 1), company match 401k (after year 1), reasonable starting salary, good hours with easy work/life balance, and significant growth opportunities. The job itself is not hard if you're somewhat intelligent and are a people person. If you're willing to work hard, you will see doors opening much faster, of course.

Cons

Of course there is sales pressure, but its not anywhere near as bad as I've read in other reviews (of course this will vary greatly depending on where you are working and under whom). I was fortunate to get one of the good managers. Phenomenal, actually. Not without flaws, but a genuine concern for his employees and their growth. A decent amount of downtime (which I actually enjoyed), and some days it can be boring, but that is up to you. Conference calls are not awesome. My biggest complaint is probably the number of employees that should not have been hired in the first place. Wastes time and money to train them when they end up quitting or getting fired within 6 months anyway.

Weed out bad hires more quickly and recognize and promote talent sooner. This is minor, though. Overall, all that really needs to happen is that the bad managers need to either be trained by the good ones or weeded out sooner.

reviews filtered by
  1. Professional and creative for a financial field

Former Contractor - Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Contractor - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Having come from a formal design background, it was easy to impress the team and work well with the other designers there. I felt welcomed and respected.

Cons

It's a financial firm and not one known to be 'out-of-the-box' creative. A bit cramped style...but again, it's financial not the entertainment industry.

2. overall experince

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

its a great company to work with

Cons

bigger company bigger the sales pressure

when hired internally offer low salary , internal employees should be compensated the same way as external.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo