Wells Fargo

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Regional Pvt banker

Current Employee - Regional Private Banker in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Regional Private Banker in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A great value brand. Proud to be working for this. Product offering are varied and hence has a greater opportunity of retaining customers in the long run.

Cons

Short sighted immediate management. Focused only only on short term gains. Pushes the lower level employees to the limit of getting sales. No long term strategies to grow and retain business. Currently succeeded as all the banks out there are worse in customer service.

This is a great company and have a long term view of the market and customers. Things started looking better beginning of the year with less emphasis on short term goals but seems have changed track and back to the old way of daily results regardless of consequences.

7651 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

I loved working at the Wells Fargo Advisors headquarters in St. Louis. Excellent culture, benefits and boss.

Former Employee - Internal Biz Dev Consult in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Internal Biz Dev Consult in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Wells really cared about my work/life balance. My departments worked well with little supervision. In other words, the boss was not hovering over us on a regular basis.
    Great Salary
    Easy work - call center for mutual funds
    Great work environment

Cons

Constant corporate changes. Departments were always being merged. Downsizing happened often. When I came aboard, the company was just about to complete one merger and then another occurred. The job was good but I hated it when an employee or two would leave the department and management would not replace them. Due to promotions and transfers, our department shrank from about 15 people to 10. Guess what? Management put in a hiring freeze and our workload increased with no additional compensation. In the end, after the freeze, the employees were never replaced.

Don't allow a department to shrink and not replace the workers. It reduces morale. It makes employees feel like suckers. No one wants to be taken for granted. If our pay was increased for the additional work, everyone would be more accepting of the new workload.

Poor Management, good benefits

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Company to work for.

Cons

Poor Management, hire inexperienced people.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo