Good company to work for

Current Employee - Database Analyst IV  in  Portland, OR
Current Employee - Database Analyst IV in Portland, OR

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good values, great team work

Cons

Can be slow to move due to size and complexity

Other Reviews for Wells Fargo

Disrespectful when pushing sales goals

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits are decent and competitive.

Cons

Management is very disrespectful to employees, making them stay late if they didn't hit sales numbers. Talk down to managers and employees. Pressure for sales has employees opening other accounts for themselves or multiple accounts for one client, therefore they aren't growing the business at all. Goals are unrealistic, I've been in this business a long time and have never seen anything like it. Leaving after 2 months with company. So many employees are unhappy and stressed out. They were once a great company but have become pushy sales all the time.

Think about quality rather than quantity in your sales goals...giving a small branch a goal of 2 quality checking a day rather than 6 junk accounts helps you more. Treat your employees better.

Like a real life Dilbert strip.

Former Employee - Technical Service Specialist  in  West Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Technical Service Specialist in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Decent employee benefits, not the greatest by any means, but I have seen far worse. Cafeteria food isn't too shabby either. The company name will look good on your resume when you are looking to leave or your contract is up.

Cons

Over-reliance upon contractors which leads to near constant re-training of new "staff" and filling positions. Long time first level Tech Services Specialists barely putting forth any effort to solve problems all while trying to retain adherence to semi-arbitrary metrics. Many emails, conference calls, reports, and other tasks which must be done by a set date/time and aren't read by the person they're being sent to.

I worked as the only second level Technical Services Specialist on a project for the Home Mortgage division. The software I worked with was fine despite the occasional problem, what wasn't fine was the management and corporate culture. I was told by my supervisor on my first day that while I was a contractor, she (my supervisor) would totally understand and was OK with me applying for permanent jobs as this job wasn't likely to go permanent. I showed up on time, did my work, went the extra mile, and worked to correct some of the mistakes made first level Tech Services Specialists who clearly hadn't read any of the documentation provided to them. As I made every attempt to do this honestly I was instructed to give false and misleading statements to employees who were looking for information as to the status of their tech issue, all in the name of "they'll lose faith in our ability to solve their problem if we say that we don't yet have an answer". All while the attitude I got from the people I helped (the people who were bringing in the money for the company) was that any help - even a partial answer, was better than no help at all.

The final kick in the teeth was being told that my looking for other jobs (something which I was encouraged to do by my supervisor) and a "lack of focus" which was unusual as my focus was something which my supervisor often praised; was the reason for me being let go from my contract. This is not a way to treat people who have the knowledge and expertise you need to get the job done. It makes about as much sense as serving poisoned coffee to the pilot and co-pilot of an airliner high over the ocean and then expecting to get to your destination safely without any problems.

Bottom line: stop relying so heavily upon contractors. They have the mindset of a mercenary and company policy is to retain them for up to 18 months and either hire them or let them go into a 6 month "cool down" period before they can be considered for work there again. This is an atrocious policy and is giving your company a bad image among jobseekers, both temporary and non, as word gets out. When the cafeteria staff seem to have better job security than your "employees" do then you know it is time to re-evaluate your priorities.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!