There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Horrible place to work

Former Employee - Teller in Orangevale, CA
Former Employee - Teller in Orangevale, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and okay pay

Cons

Management plays favorites A lot. Under staffed leaving it very hard to get any day off that is needed. I was hired at 20 hours and didn't work less then 32hours which made it hard for my schooling. They don't care if you have family issues going on you still have to work all your shifts. They told me when I started I would get one Saturday off a month but never did and worked over 10 hours every day. Horrible managers, I really don't recommend!

Stop being so selfish and stop pressuring sales it makes employees not want to preform!

reviews filtered by
  1. Lots of opportunities and very rewarding career

Current Employee - Manager in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Manager in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Managers open to employees transferring internally and grow.
    Competetive compensation, flexible working hours, multiple locations and option to telecommute depending on job

Cons

Large company so change is slow

2. If you get a good manager and are willing to work, the sky is the limit.

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company offers great benefits, including solid vacation pay (from Day 1), company match 401k (after year 1), reasonable starting salary, good hours with easy work/life balance, and significant growth opportunities. The job itself is not hard if you're somewhat intelligent and are a people person. If you're willing to work hard, you will see doors opening much faster, of course.

Cons

Of course there is sales pressure, but its not anywhere near as bad as I've read in other reviews (of course this will vary greatly depending on where you are working and under whom). I was fortunate to get one of the good managers. Phenomenal, actually. Not without flaws, but a genuine concern for his employees and their growth. A decent amount of downtime (which I actually enjoyed), and some days it can be boring, but that is up to you. Conference calls are not awesome. My biggest complaint is probably the number of employees that should not have been hired in the first place. Wastes time and money to train them when they end up quitting or getting fired within 6 months anyway.

Weed out bad hires more quickly and recognize and promote talent sooner. This is minor, though. Overall, all that really needs to happen is that the bad managers need to either be trained by the good ones or weeded out sooner.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo