Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com
  www.wellsfargo.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Quick promotions, if you work hard and network

Current Employee - Business Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Employee - Business Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Quick promotions if you do your job well and network with the right people. This is not the place that you want to work if you are interested in finding a secure job to stay in for years with annual pay increases.

Cons

Constantly changing sales goals to make bonuses harder and harder, with less pay, each quarter. Salaries low compared to other banks.

Lower and mid-level management seems to be at the mercy of unnamed corporate members who make it harder and harder to get bonuses. It is disheartening when the company is making record profits to get quarterly notices that your job just got harder.

7129 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Love my job!

Current Employee - Underwriter
    Current Employee - Underwriter

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Most departments (from my experience) have good managers and great upper managers. I have worked in different capacities with WFB and underwriting is home for me. I am fortunate to work with friendly/professional people and the management/upper management in my department really cares about their employees. The benefits are okay - I've seen better/seen worse. The pay is average but the flexability is great! As long as one does their job and does it well then you're fine and have nothing to worry about. Oh, the bonuses are great if you meet the parameters set forth for the goals and in my department, they are very attainable. 401K matches at 6%! Work/life balance is great. Overall, I love my job!

Cons

Pay could be better, benefit coverages for healthcare could be improved, the ability to work from home when necessary (sick child, etc) would be nice instead of having to take PTO.

Please evaluate pay - we are losing a lot of strong talent due to pay. Additionally, it would be nice to allow employees on the backend to work from home if an issue calls for them to take PTO. We would love to reserve our time off and it would help the organization because work would not get behind due to staffing.

Plan on looking for other jobs

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Woodland Park, CO
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Woodland Park, CO

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is pretty good and the benefits are okay. The location is good if you live in WP, but it is an in-store location so the hours aren't.

Cons

Hours and management are horrible. The management has weekly meetings, they threaten your job if the store (not you) is not making the numbers they want. They lie to customers to get new accounts. They will not work with your hours/family life at all. Favoritism is really bad here.

Always threatening people's jobs to get better numbers doesn't work, it just lowers morale. 24 year old store managers are not professional or mature enough to be store managers.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo