Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com

less diverse than Wachovia, ok benefits

Former Employee - Senior Portfolio Manager  in  Boston, MA
Former Employee - Senior Portfolio Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

felt that the salaries were competitive (akin to most larger companies, I guess, as opposed to at a smaller firm; Wells Fargo does have PTO days - a system which I like much better than counting vacation/sick days

Cons

my group had been legacy Wachovia before being acquired by Wells Fargo; compared to Wachovia, Wells Fargo's management was less diverse, fewer women, less flex time, no community volunteer time, etc.

Other reviews for Wells Fargo

Underpaid, underappreciated

Former Employee - Teller  in  High Point, NC
    Former Employee - Teller in High Point, NC

Pros

Good work schedule, holidays off
    Free food a lot

Cons

Were rude and difficult about pumping breaks for breastfeeding mothers
    didn't care about their employees, only wanted results
    very sales-oriented, even for tellers
    expected you to never take PTO in January
    high turnover rate

Care about your employees, focus on helping them get promoted rather than firing them and bringing in new people. Come up with a better system for breastfeeding mothers and be more considerate of their needs.

If you're don't care about people, and don't mind being in a dead-end job....apply!

Current Employee - Teller  in  Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Teller in Cary, NC

Pros

Some decent benefits - 401k match up to 6%.
    Did work with some great people

Cons

Where do I start...awful management, both in-store and above. If you don't know someone higher up, aren't on the "good list", or don't play the WF game, then don't expect to go anywhere; especially if you have outside financial services experience. This is a sales company, plain and simple. Not interested in doing what's best for the customer, unless it's what's best for the company/store (and they are called STORES, not branches.) Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against "sales", but it's the way it's done at WF that's disturbing. In my time with the company, I saw repeated company violations, all in the name of meeting numbers. Not to mention that WF customers are sold to in every step of banking - online, ATM, mobile, in-store, phone calls; it's absurd. I am not naïve; I understand that this is a new world for banking, but WF was not for me, and I would never recommend a career here...unless you know someone or have family already working there.

One word - leave!

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!