There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Flexible, Family Friendly place to work.

Current Employee - Business Systems Consultant in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Business Systems Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, Telecommuting options, Education opportunities available, Working with a great teams. Family friendly. I enjoy working with team I have been a part of for quite a few years. There are plenty of classes offered via the learning center and plenty of opportunities to learn on the job.

Cons

Getting a promotion proves to be most difficult. Currently you need to prove you have already been doing the job for two years before actually getting promoted to that level. Raises have averaged 1 - 2 % for the last 10 years.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good company, but politics and procedure are king

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

Stable company with many opportunities
    Flexible work options

Cons

Politics come in to play quickly
    Salary growth is locked by corporate policy. In most areas, you are set to standard bands for salary growth.
    Little effort on employee retention

2. One of the big banks where you are inconsequential. Keep your head down and work, you will will never produce enough.

Former Employee - Loan Document Specialist in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Loan Document Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Guaranteed paycheck, structured HR policy to protect you from unscrupulous managers. On average, people were nice, I just happened to have a manager that cared nothing about his employees, he cared about numbers.

Cons

WF hired 900 people and we were told we were going to be trained for our jobs, and although we attended a "training course"....training was quite an impressive spread btw, we were not taught how to do our jobs. So we are all put on the floor not having a clue how to do our jobs, unless we had experience, which many did not. Maybe they hired 900 people but they started firing people immediately. If you are late...you're gone, its only a matter of time.

You are pressured to produce outrageous numbers. Opening unnecessary account's, selling unnecessary products in order to increase numbers and achieve goal.

How can we achieve our goals if we don't know how to do our jobs?

Shift the focus from money to people, the money will follow the people.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo