There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Not a great place for contractors anymore

Former Contractor - Senior Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
Former Contractor - Senior Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The majority of employees and contractors are nice, smart people. Expected work and results are reasonable. Work/life balance is very good.

Cons

Wells is attempting to implement a pay scale for contractors that is the same in all US cities. However, this pay scale is equivalent to Charlotte pay, which is completely unreasonable in a city like SF. Managers have told me that they cannot hire quality contractors because the candidates find higher paying contracts elsewhere. Or, they take the lower paying contract with Wells and leave as soon as they find something that pays better. This year I have been quoted hourly rates that are up to $15/hour LESS than I was making 7 years ago for them.

Advice to Management

Pay contractors a fair wage for the city they are working in, not a flat US rate. This is going to backfire miserably and is already starting to do so.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Worse company I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

Great benefits, small office, location

Cons

Leadership is very disconnected from employees

Advice to Management

, where to start? Workers are treated sub human - like meat to the slaughter. Easy come, easy go. That's why there's a super high turnover - EVEN in these times. Completely ANAL. They will write you UP about anything and everything. If you make a mistake, they will look for a reason to let you go. Trust Me...no matter how well you do your job, it's not good enough for certain executives. The worst thing is how the management treats you, and the things they say to you. I could go on and on - but if you're thinking of working for this company - DON'T DO IT! unless you love hating to go to work everyday - Love managers who love (literally) to make you miserable, love management who threaten to fire people every day (and do) etc, etc. If you LOVE micro management, you'll thrive here.

2. Good for college students

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Houston, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Room to grow, flexible hours, great environment

Cons

Pay is not good, work extra hard to reach goals and in the end not get compensated for the job that was done

Advice to Management

Lower sales goals and make sure all employees are satisfied and comforatble with at the end of each quarter