There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Best employer -- feel like I am a member of the family

Current Employee - Business Systems Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Business Systems Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company truly believes that people are a competitive advantages. There are lot of advancement opportunities available for those who are willing to work for it and perhaps also relocate. Market-competitive pay, medical insurance, paid time off, and tuition reimbursement are some of the current benefits. It is wonderful when one is able to have a manager who lives the visions and values of the company. The environment is one in which diversity among team members and customers is celebrated and appreciated.

Cons

Some positions require long hours and weekend work. Medical package is a PPO or high-deductible with larger out-of-pocket deductibles and co-insurance.

6741 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Bureaucracy rules

Former Employee - Senior Applications Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Applications Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

None at this Place if you consider yourself above average.

Cons

Kill you career, if you stay too long no growth unless you are willing to change the color of your nose to brown

Have a system for checks and balances, idiots get promoted.

Started off good, and then I don't know what the hell happened...

Former Employee - Business Phone Banker in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Business Phone Banker in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It was good prior to the Wachovia merger. Before then they used to value their employees. There was real opportunities to bonus, win company sponsored trips, gift cards, gas cards, over time, etc. Prior to 2008 were the good ol' days when coming to work was a joy.

Cons

After the merger all the perks disappeared. They laid off hundreds of people, and then after they realized they went overboard they started hiring the displaced employees back, but for less pay than they were getting prior to being laid off. It went from them valuing their workforce to them telling us that we ought to be grateful to have a job. Yes, they really said that! It went from a customer service position and selling when appropriate to a scripted sales position with a little service thrown in. They don't care how good your QA's are or how well you're good at your job. If you're not selling, selling, selling then you're out. And no matter how good you're doing, it's never good enough, even if you're numbers are at or above target. Forget about moving up. That's only possible if you're an a** kisser. I've seen and I've experienced people with less experience getting promotions and people that are more than qualified for a position with numbers to back them up being looked over. I've had supervisors that didn't know a thing about the position they were supervising. It's a shame when the subordinates are coaching their superior.

Go back to valuing your employees, that way you can keep the talent you have rather than having the call center be a big revolving door. Put the focus back on service rather than sales. Sometimes people just want their balance and that's it. Stop hiring supervisors and managers that don't know what it's like to be a banker. You guys set unrealistic goals for a job that you yourselves have personally never held. I could go on and on...

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo