There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

The management was forceful into shoving products down clients throats.

Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker
Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working with the people that I worked with. We became a family and were there to help one another.

Cons

It was way too pushy with sales and making sure that every customer that came into the bank walked out with 6 products or services every time. Being in a smaller town, people came in and didn't need to be hassled every time they came in. It caused many customers to seek other financial institutions that didn't push so much.

Advice to Management

Stop the pushy sales pitch to everyone. If you value your employees, treat them as such. The middle management were atrocious to have as bosses.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Extremely Stressful avoid if you have a family

Current Employee - Teller in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Teller in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Wells Fargo part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is nice, you get to dress professional, lots of overtime and you meet great people

Cons

Let me start by saying if you have a family this isn't the job for you. The bank is open from 9-6, expect random meetings as early as 7 in the morning and extremely late movies till 10pm or later. I got called in once on Monday to attend at 6:30p.m meeting on Tuesday and when I told them I cant find a babysitter within that short amount of time my supervisor told me I need to figure it out and hung up on me. My boss openly said she didn't like black people and sent all the black tellers to another branch. They pressure you to lie to you customers to make sales and put in referrals even when the customers say no. I have been yelled at for not meeting their referrals. You will have multiple managers that all have different standards. If your a banker and have a bad day they make you stay late, I walked in on my manager telling a banker he would have to stay late and miss his friends wedding because he didn't get any solutions. If your sick they will tell you to come in anyways. If you call HR you will get repercussions. Basically make Wells Fargo more money. Steer clear, trust me this is a job for college kids who have no family, and are great at lying to people and only care about sales. If you get this job do not open an employee bank account with them because you will get fee's on your account. Also be prepared to be yelled at by customers all the time because you sent them to sit with a banker that will set up god knows what to make their solutions. I will work with a credit union next time. Wouldn't even spit in their direction.

Advice to Management

Ease off on the sales and care more about the customers. Don't just say its all about the customer when it really isn't

2. Great company/benefits. Aggressive sale environment.

Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Great Benefits. -Many opportunities for upward and lateral movement. -Recognition of accomplishments -Great initial and continuing education/training

Cons

-"What have you done for me lately sales environment" -High turnover