There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Company is only worried about gouging and profiteering!!

Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative
Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Got to learn first hand how banks really operate and after I did I got to tell them I quit.

Cons

- All this company is worried about is confusing people so they can collect fees.
(good example - Oh you need to open two checking accounts and two savings accounts because one will be your everyday group of accounts and the other group will protect you from fraud. In reality they know you will never use the accounts properly and this will allow them to charge you all kinds of fees).
- Be prepared to be a part time telemarketer.
- Horrible management - worked at a location that did not have a manager or assistant manager for over 3 moths. District Manager said she would be there to help if something came up. She was contacted by another employee for assistance and asked him to not waste her time (no joke read the email and the transaction involved wiring $250,000 for a customer that was not in the office which needed her approval).
- They say they offer incentive programs for top performers but the only people that make the quota are the same people you will see getting fired for unethical practices.

I am not sure how you sleep at night!

6432 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

stressful, unethical work environment

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

great opportunity for internal growth.

Cons

Pressured to meet unrealistic sales goals. When they are not met you are chastised and embarrassed by your manager.

The management was forceful into shoving products down clients throats.

Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker
    Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I enjoyed working with the people that I worked with. We became a family and were there to help one another.

Cons

It was way too pushy with sales and making sure that every customer that came into the bank walked out with 6 products or services every time. Being in a smaller town, people came in and didn't need to be hassled every time they came in. It caused many customers to seek other financial institutions that didn't push so much.

Stop the pushy sales pitch to everyone. If you value your employees, treat them as such. The middle management were atrocious to have as bosses.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!