Wells Fargo
3.1 of 5 5,490 reviews
www.wellsfargo.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Company is only worried about gouging and profiteering!!

Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsGot to learn first hand how banks really operate and after I did I got to tell them I quit.

Cons- All this company is worried about is confusing people so they can collect fees.
(good example - Oh you need to open two checking accounts and two savings accounts because one will be your everyday group of accounts and the other group will protect you from fraud. In reality they know you will never use the accounts properly and this will allow them to charge you all kinds of fees).
- Be prepared to be a part time telemarketer.
- Horrible management - worked at a location that did not have a manager or assistant manager for over 3 moths. District Manager said she would be there to help if something came up. She was contacted by another employee for assistance and asked him to not waste her time (no joke read the email and the transaction involved wiring $250,000 for a customer that was not in the office which needed her approval).
- They say they offer incentive programs for top performers but the only people that make the quota are the same people you will see getting fired for unethical practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am not sure how you sleep at night!

stressful, unethical work environment

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros: great opportunity for internal growth. Cons: Pressured to meet unrealistic sales goals. When they are not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Better places out there

Personal Banker (Current Employee)
    Wall, NJ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good commission, room to advance Cons: Unrealistic sales goals, long hours Advice to Senior Management: Focus on sales AND customer service, not just sales No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Wells Fargo.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wells Fargo CEO John G. Stumpf. All reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees.