There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Low pay and demanding

Former Employee - Teller in Stuart, FL
Former Employee - Teller in Stuart, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you are looking for great hours a.k.a. 9-5 type of job and that is your only goal in your career then banking is for you.

Cons

I was a teller robot. As a teller you were told that it was required to say the same statement to every customer. It was horrible, and the customers hated it! Instead of talking to the customers like human beings, we had to be robots. I had to try to talk customers into signing up for new accounts. I felt like I was annoying every customer that simply wanted to cash their paycheck.

Stop eating donuts all day and drinking coffee and do some actual work!

reviews filtered by
  1. Wells Fargo provides employees a mega platform for career development and advancement.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Job levels to advance, many areas of the bank to grow into, tuition reimbursement, bonus structure for right areas, freedom to grow, strong salaries relative to industry for those coming in at right level

Cons

too few doing too much (uppers speak work/life balance but not practical to keep up), not converting good contractors to full time associates (keep the good), not dropping the dead weight employees when they should, not paying more than $5k per year tuition reimbursement (tuition is a lot these days) and not paying to reimburse for professional credentials/training, salary increases when profits are all time high are relatively low/minimal, need to figure out a way to jump up salaries to retain good employees. time and time again people leave and come back later, only to increase salary level.

Work on some of the cons. Overall love working for Wells Fargo. I am making things happen for me and know I can chart my path. As has been the norm since 2008 financial meltdown there are too few employees doing too much (uppers speak work/life balance but not practical to keep up) this is due to attrition and not re-hiring, not converting good contractors to full time associates (keep the good), not dropping the dead weight employees when they should, not paying more than $5k per year tuition reimbursement (tuition is a lot these days) and not paying to reimburse for professional credentials/training, salary increases when profits are all time high are relatively low/minimal, need to figure out a way to jump up salaries to retain good employees. time and time again people leave and come back later, only to increase salary level.

2. My fellings of Wells Fargo were pretty satisfies. You know what to expect. Laid back atmosphere. Make good money

Current Employee - Lds3 in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Lds3 in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Make a lot of money fast.

Cons

Company has a lot of layoffs

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo