There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Great work environment

Current Employee - Investment Banking Analyst in New York, NY
Current Employee - Investment Banking Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Wells Fargo (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people, smart, appreciative of your contribution, winning more business

Cons

Investment bank is such a small part of the overall company

6715 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

While the work is stressful and certain policies ridiculous, working for Wells Fargo can be highly rewarding.

Current Employee - Customer Sales & Service Representative in Marquette, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Sales & Service Representative in Marquette, MI

I have been working at Wells Fargo part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Wells Fargo employees have a lot of upward potential, and hard work typically results in promotions. Wells invests a lot of time and money on its employees, and help is never far away when it's needed. In my experience, the people I've worked with have all been extremely friendly and upbeat, so the workplace is typically a pleasant area to work in. Wells offers numerous benefits to its employees, and makes it easy to take advantage of them. Wells Fargo has helped me pay for my college education, so I would recommend a starting position with the company for anyone in college. The harder you work at this company, the more you'll enjoy it.

Cons

Some of the metrics and reports are ridiculous, to the point where we end up doing a poorer job just so we don't end up on a bad report. The fact that the sales "threshold" for every individual employee is the same nationwide is outrageous; Tellers and Personal Bankers in San Francisco and Minneapolis are receiving giant bonus payouts just for being there while the ones in small branches in rural towns are working twice as hard just to meet the minimum.

Adjust the sales threshold to location. Seriously, guys, that's like Incentive Compensation 101. Also, it's great that you want our customers to think our service is perfect, but all 5's and one 4 on a WOW score is not a "bad score." That would be like failing a 25-question test because you only got 24 of them right. Essentially, just loosen up the incentive compensation metrics. We work hard for you; please don't make that difficult to do.

Long Term Banker

Current Employee - Banker (PB1)
    Current Employee - Banker (PB1)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Have some great co-workers, but they do not last

Cons

Management and Upper management is lacking .. It's who you know that gets you promoted, not how hard you work. They put the sales goals just enough out of reach to make sure payout only happens to very few ..Turnover is weekly

I believe this company strongly should look at ways to improve the moral of the retail division, they only care about their profits, not their employees and boy it shows

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo