Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com
  www.wellsfargo.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

While the work is stressful and certain policies ridiculous, working for Wells Fargo can be highly rewarding.

Current Employee - Customer Sales & Service Representative in Marquette, MI
Current Employee - Customer Sales & Service Representative in Marquette, MI

I have been working at Wells Fargo part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Wells Fargo employees have a lot of upward potential, and hard work typically results in promotions. Wells invests a lot of time and money on its employees, and help is never far away when it's needed. In my experience, the people I've worked with have all been extremely friendly and upbeat, so the workplace is typically a pleasant area to work in. Wells offers numerous benefits to its employees, and makes it easy to take advantage of them. Wells Fargo has helped me pay for my college education, so I would recommend a starting position with the company for anyone in college. The harder you work at this company, the more you'll enjoy it.

Cons

Some of the metrics and reports are ridiculous, to the point where we end up doing a poorer job just so we don't end up on a bad report. The fact that the sales "threshold" for every individual employee is the same nationwide is outrageous; Tellers and Personal Bankers in San Francisco and Minneapolis are receiving giant bonus payouts just for being there while the ones in small branches in rural towns are working twice as hard just to meet the minimum.

Adjust the sales threshold to location. Seriously, guys, that's like Incentive Compensation 101. Also, it's great that you want our customers to think our service is perfect, but all 5's and one 4 on a WOW score is not a "bad score." That would be like failing a 25-question test because you only got 24 of them right. Essentially, just loosen up the incentive compensation metrics. We work hard for you; please don't make that difficult to do.

6930 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Long Term Banker

Current Employee - Banker (PB1)
    Current Employee - Banker (PB1)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Have some great co-workers, but they do not last

Cons

Management and Upper management is lacking .. It's who you know that gets you promoted, not how hard you work. They put the sales goals just enough out of reach to make sure payout only happens to very few ..Turnover is weekly

I believe this company strongly should look at ways to improve the moral of the retail division, they only care about their profits, not their employees and boy it shows

Unbelieveable turn over

Current Employee - CSSR Teller/Banker in Naples, FL
    Current Employee - CSSR Teller/Banker in Naples, FL

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The co-workers have been great and some wonderful customers. But don't get too attached to the co-workers. At my store in a years time, there are only two of us still left. Some lasting only days or weeks.

Cons

This is the absolute worst place I have ever worked. We never have enough staff because most quit within months. The bankers have turned over five times in a year. And the tellers at double that rate. In a year here there are only two of us left. It is a pressure cooker to make sales, make sales, make sales - like a used car lot! There are constant streaming BS emails about how bad the district is doing and how it is time for "All hands on deck" and to get going and chase the sales. Our fourth service manager this year is now determined to make it, so he cheats and dishonesty prevails. He lies to customer and tries to force us to do the same. The other day he told customers that we had been trying to mail them their credit cards but needed to get their signature to do so. Then he gives them a sheet he made up to sign and then he applies for the card so he gets the sale for new credit. Since we cannot keep staff, the last few weeks, most days we have not gotten lunches and have been forced to work overtime and to work from open to close daily. We never get breaks here - ever. Also, they have a script that you have to use that makes you sound like a robot. If you do not use the exact script, you get written up. The last two of us are seeking new positions elsewhere. There is ZERO appreciation for what you do here and nothing but pressure to produce and do the work of three other people. So if you don't mind lying and cheating and working with no lunch or breaks and being forced to do over time, if you are okay with being a robot that no one cares about, then this is the place for you. I would not wish this place on the worst enemy I have ever had!

Take better care of your people. Don't make us lie and cheat to make sales for you. Don't turn us into robots reading off a script. Don't make us into used car salesmen. Look into what your district managers are doing.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo