Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com

While the work is stressful and certain policies ridiculous, working for Wells Fargo can be highly rewarding.

Customer Sales & Service Representative (Current Employee) Marquette, MI

ProsWells Fargo employees have a lot of upward potential, and hard work typically results in promotions. Wells invests a lot of time and money on its employees, and help is never far away when it's needed. In my experience, the people I've worked with have all been extremely friendly and upbeat, so the workplace is typically a pleasant area to work in. Wells offers numerous benefits to its employees, and makes it easy to take advantage of them. Wells Fargo has helped me pay for my college education, so I would recommend a starting position with the company for anyone in college. The harder you work at this company, the more you'll enjoy it.

ConsSome of the metrics and reports are ridiculous, to the point where we end up doing a poorer job just so we don't end up on a bad report. The fact that the sales "threshold" for every individual employee is the same nationwide is outrageous; Tellers and Personal Bankers in San Francisco and Minneapolis are receiving giant bonus payouts just for being there while the ones in small branches in rural towns are working twice as hard just to meet the minimum.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdjust the sales threshold to location. Seriously, guys, that's like Incentive Compensation 101. Also, it's great that you want our customers to think our service is perfect, but all 5's and one 4 on a WOW score is not a "bad score." That would be like failing a 25-question test because you only got 24 of them right. Essentially, just loosen up the incentive compensation metrics. We work hard for you; please don't make that difficult to do.

Long Term Banker

Banker (PB1) (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Have some great co-workers, but they do not last Cons: Management and Upper management is lacking .. It's who you know that gets you promoted, not how hard you work. They… Advice to Senior Management: I believe this company strongly should look at ways to improve the moral of the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Unbelieveable turn over

CSSR Teller/Banker (Current Employee) Naples, FL

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros: The co-workers have been great and some wonderful customers. But don't get too attached to the co-workers. At… Cons: This is the absolute worst place I have ever worked. We never have enough staff because most quit within months. The bankers… Advice to Senior Management: Take better care of your people. Don't make us lie and cheat to make sales for you. Don't turn us… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Wells Fargo.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!