Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com

Tellers better be sellers!

Teller (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsI was a teller for 6 months. I loved my coworkers and my service manager was the best boss I've ever had. If you love to convince people to sign up for products, this is the job for you. Tellers are well-compensated for referring customers to bankers. I was only there for 6 months but I saw a lot of people move up.

ConsLots of sales pressure. There are check-ins every three hours to see how much we've sold.
Some bankers and tellers do things that are downright unethical in the pursuit of getting "solutions."
If it's slow, it is mind-numbingly boring, if it's busy, you had better be cool under pressure because people are not understanding when you make a mistake with their money.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend less time haranguing people about not selling enough products and spend more time protecting what you already have by cracking down on the unethical behavior.

Good Place to start your career

Supply Chain Business Manager (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: -Good Work/Life Balance -Good Growth Opportunities Cons: -Cube City unless you are executive management -Fair amount of unnecessary politics - but… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The growth of micromanagement

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Could be a good place for a young, eager person… Cons: Once the Wells/Wachovia merger occurred, there seemed to be too many cooks on any… Advice to Senior Management: Do you really need so many levels of management? No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Wells Fargo.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!