Wells Fargo

Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

it's whatever

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

a lot of down time

Cons

management makes you sell accounts to everyone and their mom. I saw checking accounts being pushed on people who already have 3 of them, even pet accounts! What people wouldn't be told is that those accounts would cost them $15 a month unless they kept a couple thousand in there. It used to be a good company but now it's all about screwing everyone over with fees

If you're going to make the employees sell to anyone and everyone, pay them a little more for ot.

7659 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Disappointing experience

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

Large bank
    Stable work
    Work from home

Cons

My story at wells fargo:

- relocated from very far; got no relocation assistance.
    - was put on an assignment suitable for a college grad soon after i started (i have been working in IT for over 15 years),
    - was kept away from new technologies that the group was experimenting with.
    - a couple of months after i started i was shunted to another group specializing in ssis (the manager never bothered to run it by me and see if i was ok with it).
    - i come from a core unix development background - moving me to an etl tool like ssis would have practically destroyed my skill set.
    - i was left with no choice other than to find alternative work and leave.
    - i later found out that the manager asked other team members whether they were ok with working on ssis - they flatly refused; he shifted me to ssis without bothering to ask me.

I witnessed something even worse with a colleague who started with me. He was given a development assignment which was done satisfactorily. Another team member had issues with him and kept insulting him in a code review saying things like - 'How can you claim any of this will work?!'. My friend was subsequently let go. I later learned that his code ran in production without any issues at all (contrary to the accusations from this other team member).

lead teller

Current Employee - Lead Teller in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Lead Teller in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's not a bad company to work for. The hours are nice, paid holidays,benefits and lots of vacation time. Overall its a fairly easy job and most of the time I enjoy working there.

Cons

Sales goals are too high. They say they want you to sell only what benefits the customer, but in reality they don't care. Management just wants you to sell as much as you possibly can, even if that means putting customers in products they don't really need

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo