Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com

Relocated for Hire

Former Employee - Underwriter III  in  Portland, OR
Former Employee - Underwriter III in Portland, OR

Pros

Benefits package included vision and dental

Cons

Treated as a number and dispensable. Constantly tested on everything you do and threatened with termination. No interaction among employees encouraged yet they claim we are "team members".

Other reviews for Wells Fargo

Terrible, high-stress job.

Current Employee - Teller  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Teller in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Co-workers. My fellow tellers keep me going back. They're a good group of people. If it weren't for them, I'd stop showing up.

Cons

Sales pressure. This is ridiculous. I have actually been forced to submit follow-up appointments AFTER customers have left my window without having their permission first. My service manager and lead tellers try to make me do this all of the time. It's a matter of time before I call HR to report them.

Favoritism within management. I was told that there were certain things that would get me fired/suspended/whatever and I see other employees getting away with the same thing. For example, I came in with a fever of 102 degrees and I was told that I had to stay and work for 10 hours or I would get a formal warning for being absent. The next day, my manager went home because he had a headache - um, WHAT?

Unrealistic expectations. They changed our expectations for a quarter which is good, but the pressure to reach 'gold' is still there. Even if you're hitting your goals every quarter, it's never good enough. The whole 'top-box' thing is not only unbelievably unfair but completely unrealistic. Most customers do not understand how giving all but one 5 could cost us our jobs. Absolutely ridiculous and unfair.

Unethical tactics to open accounts. Much like setting up follow-ups without permission, they'll also tell customers that certain accounts will not have fees in order to coax them into opening them. What they don't explain, however, is the requirements needed in order to avoid those fees. I as a teller end up explaining these things to customers before calling over bankers to make sure they're not tricked.

No work/life balance. Need a day a certain day off? Ask for that day off.. let's say, three months in advanced? Make sure it's on a slow business day? Still get denied! Managers don't have a rat's ass about your personal life. It's all about 'the needs of the business'. Forget taking care of your health, forget having fun, forget seeing your friends and family - it's all about Wells Fargo!

Wish it were truly as customer centric as they claim to be

Current Employee - Home Mortgage Branch Manager  in  Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Home Mortgage Branch Manager in Reno, NV

Pros

Big name recognition, strong, conservative

Cons

sales driven, bottom line concerned without regard to employees as a competitive advantage

Be aware -- good people aren't doormats, aren't stupid and have a conscious

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!