Wells Fargo

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Relocated for Hire

Former Employee - Underwriter III in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Underwriter III in Portland, OR

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits package included vision and dental

Cons

Treated as a number and dispensable. Constantly tested on everything you do and threatened with termination. No interaction among employees encouraged yet they claim we are "team members".

7092 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Terrible, high-stress job.

Current Employee - Teller in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Teller in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

Co-workers. My fellow tellers keep me going back. They're a good group of people. If it weren't for them, I'd stop showing up.

Cons

Sales pressure. This is ridiculous. I have actually been forced to submit follow-up appointments AFTER customers have left my window without having their permission first. My service manager and lead tellers try to make me do this all of the time. It's a matter of time before I call HR to report them.

Favoritism within management. I was told that there were certain things that would get me fired/suspended/whatever and I see other employees getting away with the same thing. For example, I came in with a fever of 102 degrees and I was told that I had to stay and work for 10 hours or I would get a formal warning for being absent. The next day, my manager went home because he had a headache - um, WHAT?

Unrealistic expectations. They changed our expectations for a quarter which is good, but the pressure to reach 'gold' is still there. Even if you're hitting your goals every quarter, it's never good enough. The whole 'top-box' thing is not only unbelievably unfair but completely unrealistic. Most customers do not understand how giving all but one 5 could cost us our jobs. Absolutely ridiculous and unfair.

Unethical tactics to open accounts. Much like setting up follow-ups without permission, they'll also tell customers that certain accounts will not have fees in order to coax them into opening them. What they don't explain, however, is the requirements needed in order to avoid those fees. I as a teller end up explaining these things to customers before calling over bankers to make sure they're not tricked.

No work/life balance. Need a day a certain day off? Ask for that day off.. let's say, three months in advanced? Make sure it's on a slow business day? Still get denied! Managers don't have a rat's ass about your personal life. It's all about 'the needs of the business'. Forget taking care of your health, forget having fun, forget seeing your friends and family - it's all about Wells Fargo!

After Wachovia Merger, Wells Fargo leaders screw over employees

Current Employee - Business Banking Sales in Shoreview, MN
    Current Employee - Business Banking Sales in Shoreview, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Health Insurance, friendly collegues, 1 month off out of 11 months

Cons

They used to pay us monthly commission in Business Banking. It was a good living and I was planning on building a future there but they switched to quarter bonuses and it felt like getting a HUGE PAY CUT. I saw over 50 talented people quit in 2 months! They recruit talent and pay them well, then cut the bonuses. The pressure was unhealthy. I lost my respect for them. I spoke highly of them. They are ruining the lives of many hard working people that want to support their families. It seems like they care more about shareholders than employees. They implemented a customer satisfaction survey. IF you got 4 4 4 4 4 out of 5 5 5 5 5 they consider that a failed call and took your whole quarterly bonus. They call it KDM scoring. I call that Keep Da Money. Greed is killing our society

Managing people is about inspiring someone to succeed. Only a few managers were good at this. Others treated people like high school students and berated them.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo