Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com
  www.wellsfargo.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

stepping stone to other opportunities in the industry

Current Employee - Financial Advisor Trainee in Birmingham, MI
Current Employee - Financial Advisor Trainee in Birmingham, MI

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

ability to make your own hours, internal technology support, great benefits after first six months of employment including 401k matching

Cons

unstructured training program for financial advisors, very little assistance in the way of joining a team, ambiguity between corporate and local offices

7129 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Sales, not for everyone.

Former Employee - Teller
    Former Employee - Teller

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Okay pay and hours, if you're good at sales, you'll be good at the job. You're sometimes able to really help customers. There is a chance for commission if you're good at sales, the extra money is nice.

Cons

Sales- never enough.
    Gallup Surveys- not absolutely perfect is bad, even when the customer is unhappy with the company but you did a great job.
    To me, the company seems to take advantage of people who have very little income. For example- they offer credit cards with little/no incentive for the customer to pay it back for 6 months to a year and a half, and then when the customer the bank offers them debt consolidation loans while leaving the card open. (This is more of an industry issue than a specific company issue.)

Look at more than the bottom line, help un-affluent customers to understand the banking game rather than just making money off of the fees they rack up in order for both parties to make money in the future. Don't encourage bankers to offer solutions just to get the raw numbers up, they often end up hurting customers.

Hours and Benefits were nice but Pressure to Sell

Former Employee - Teller in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Teller in Reno, NV

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you achieve your sales goals, compensation can be really nice (depending on your hours, $200 - $1300 as a teller). Also, the PTO is very generous, also they offer pay for community service, and paid holidays.

I was a full time student as well while working it and they worked really well with my schedule, however, that was at my particular branch, a friend at another location quit because they refused to work around her schedule. Also, you always have Sundays off so nice to make plans around.

The people I worked with, especially at my branch, were GREAT! We all got along and were very close. The company likes to build a strong team so they do a lot of branch events which can be really fun!

Cons

A lot of pressure on sales. This is a sales position!!

Customers can be VERY difficult at times, I mean come on, you're dealing with their money, and they are a bank, there are fees.

Hours compared to other banks are not the best (i.e. Saturdays, WF is open until 4 while most others are closed by 2, if they are even open).

Some of the higher management has unrealistic goals. It has been a long time since they worked within a branch and therefore do not understand what really goes on.

Work on positivity and encouragement.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo